Hi, from Connecticut

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by fgbrault, Mar 2, 2012.

1. fgbrault

fgbrault Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    Hi, I just joined this site. It looks like a good place to discuss Micro 4/3 and to get the latest news. I am 70 years old and have been an amateur photographer since I was 18. I never did my own developing, so when using film I was at the mercy of the photo processor or had to use 'slide' film, where at least you could get the result you were looking for even if you could not post process it. .

I love digital because I do my own post processing. I have owned a number of Olympus and Nikon DSLR's. A couple of years ago I got tired of carrying around all that equipment and switched to 'Serious Compacts'. My latest was a Nikon P7100, which I loved.

However, I missed the image quality at higher ISOs and the focal range of my DSLR systems and sort of pined for them. :) Then I read about the Olympus E-PM1 and when I checked out the lenses I realized that I could have a relatively low weight compact system and excellent image quality.

So my wife now has my P7100 and I sold a 'ton' of old digital and film camera equipment and came up with enough "free money" to buy the E-PM1 and a number of lenses. Of course, I did overspend a bit. :)

Anyway, I now have the E-PM1, the kit 14-42mm, the Panasonic 20mm f1.7, the Olympus 40-150mm R, the Olympus 9-18mm and the Panasonic/Leica 45mm f2.8 Macro.

I am so pleased with this system, its image quality, features and its relatively low weight and small size. I have been able to go off in my light winter jacket and jeans and manage to carry the E-PM1 and 4 lenses in my pockets.

It was great to discover this terrific site devoted to Micro 4/3.

Regards,
    Frank

2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome aboard Frank! You picked a good set of lenses, looking forward to your pictures!

And yes, this is a terrific site! :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1