1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hi from Concord, NH

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by fdexclpl, Jul 7, 2011.

1. fdexclpl

fdexclpl New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2011
    Concord, NH
    I'm a new micro 4/3rds user from New Hampshire. I've been shooting Sony/Canon DSLRs for a couple of years now. I bought an E-PL2 last week and decided to jump in with both feet. Right now I'm in the process of selling all of my DSLR gear! I really hope I don't regret selling my 7d!
    I am forcing myself to carry the Oly wherever I go. So many times I wished I had my camera, but I didn't want to carry a huge backpack with thousands of dollars of gear. That was the big reason for switching over.
    I have the 14-42 II, 40-15, and Panny 20 1.7. I may want to add a flash in the near future, but for now I'm just going out and taking pictures! Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the forum

Welome aboard. Nice to have you with us. I switched fir the exact same reason, I've never looked back. I now have many more photo opportunities, and lots more fun.

Cheers from just south of you in Rehoboth, Ma.

Alan

PS. A few of us will be meeting in Boston Saturday morning for a photo walk / tour. If your interested let me know.

3. simonz

simonz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the m43 world!

I'm also from Concord. Over a year ago, I purchased an Olympus E-P1 and was blown away the quality of the images which were much more pleasing than the highly regarded Nikon D700 that I had. Like you, I didn't want to lug around the beast, the D700. So, I sold the D700 and went all in with the m43 system and have never looked back. You won't regret it either.

Good choice on the E-PL2. I got one in March and it has great ergonomics and the jpg's are wonderful.

There is a ton of information here on mu-43.com and is an excellent resource to improve your skills.

Be careful if you try legacy lenses on your E-PL2. This is because legacy lenses quickly become an obsession. You've been warned.

4. fdexclpl

fdexclpl New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2011
    Concord, NH
    Thanks for the offer. I have to decline this time because of my "honey-do" list, but I would love to attend in the future.

5. fdexclpl

fdexclpl New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2011
    Concord, NH
    I want to get familiar with the camera before I start looking into old lenses.

6. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I, too, came from DSLR, but the bulk really became a problem. Haven't used the thing since I got the E-PL1.

Welcome, from just south of you in Weymouth, MA!