Hi from Concord, NH

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by fdexclpl, Jul 7, 2011.

1. fdexclpl

fdexclpl New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2011
    Concord, NH
    I'm a new micro 4/3rds user from New Hampshire. I've been shooting Sony/Canon DSLRs for a couple of years now. I bought an E-PL2 last week and decided to jump in with both feet. Right now I'm in the process of selling all of my DSLR gear! I really hope I don't regret selling my 7d!
    I am forcing myself to carry the Oly wherever I go. So many times I wished I had my camera, but I didn't want to carry a huge backpack with thousands of dollars of gear. That was the big reason for switching over.
    I have the 14-42 II, 40-15, and Panny 20 1.7. I may want to add a flash in the near future, but for now I'm just going out and taking pictures! Wish me luck!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the forum

Welome aboard. Nice to have you with us. I switched fir the exact same reason, I've never looked back. I now have many more photo opportunities, and lots more fun.

Cheers from just south of you in Rehoboth, Ma.

PS. A few of us will be meeting in Boston Saturday morning for a photo walk / tour. If your interested let me know.
  3. simonz

simonz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the m43 world!

I'm also from Concord. Over a year ago, I purchased an Olympus E-P1 and was blown away the quality of the images which were much more pleasing than the highly regarded Nikon D700 that I had. Like you, I didn't want to lug around the beast, the D700. So, I sold the D700 and went all in with the m43 system and have never looked back. You won't regret it either.

Good choice on the E-PL2. I got one in March and it has great ergonomics and the jpg's are wonderful.

There is a ton of information here on mu-43.com and is an excellent resource to improve your skills.

Be careful if you try legacy lenses on your E-PL2. This is because legacy lenses quickly become an obsession. You've been warned.
  4. fdexclpl

fdexclpl New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2011
    Concord, NH
    Thanks for the offer. I have to decline this time because of my "honey-do" list, but I would love to attend in the future.
  5. fdexclpl

fdexclpl New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2011
    Concord, NH
    I want to get familiar with the camera before I start looking into old lenses.
  6. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    I, too, came from DSLR, but the bulk really became a problem. Haven't used the thing since I got the E-PL1.

Welcome, from just south of you in Weymouth, MA!