Hi from California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Jblk9695, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Jblk9695

Jblk9695 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    San Bernardino, CA
    A newbie to 4/3's but not to amateur photography. Started with a Sears range-finder and 10 ASA film many many years ago and been having fun with photography ever since. Love digital as I can snap away and not worry a bit about the cost of film or processing and you can do so much more with digital as opposed to working in the dark room.
    Just ordered an Olympus EPL1 w/kit lens and am looking forward to exploring the many features the camera has.
    I tried out a Sony Nex 5 but couldn't get comfortable with it, took great photo's but just a bit to fiddly with my 2XL hands, I was always changing settings and not knowing it.
    I think the button interface on the EPL1 will suit me better considering the small size of the camera, time will tell.

Jerry

2. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome to the group. The E-PL1 is what got me back into serious photography after a 25 year hiatus. It took me a few days to stop reaching for the winding lever that wasn't there and for it to sink in that I did not need to worry about wasting film which truly is great for trying things and learning, eh? Don't need to wait for development and prints and then try to remember what you did. Love that exif data!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

3. Brian1954

Brian1954 Mu-43 Rookie

Hi Jerry and welcome. I'm new to this forum and to MU-43 as well. I don't think I've been around photography quite as long as you. The slowest speed film I ever used was 25. :rolleyes: Have fun with your new EPL-1.

Brian

4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Hi Jerry, Pasadena here. Stick around, I'm trying to arrange a So Cal mu-4/3 meetup!

5. fgbrault

fgbrault Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    Hi Jerry, I just joined today. I have a Olympus E-PM1 and love it. This looks like a great and friendly site. Enjoy your E-PL1.

Regards,
    Frank

6. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome fellow CAer! :2thumbs:

7. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    welcome!..
    I wonder how many members MU-43.com has now.

8. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    9212 as of March 2, 2012 10:46 PM EST

9. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    we are getting popular here now..very nice!

10. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Welcome Jerry.

11. Jblk9695

Jblk9695 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    San Bernardino, CA
    Thanks everyone. Lots of great people and info on the site, been having fun exploring. Pasadena sounds fun, keep me posted.

Jerry

12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Hola Jerry, I'm originally from Chino.

G

13. Jblk9695

Jblk9695 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    San Bernardino, CA
    Yay, camera came in the mail, looks nice and seems to fit my big hands decent, has some nice heft to it. Now to try it out, just need to wait for the battery to charge:biggrin:

Jerry

14. Jblk9695

Jblk9695 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    San Bernardino, CA
    Got dark buy the time the battery charged but did try the cam out with the flash around my work shop, so far I very satisfied with it. Can't wait to toss it in my tank bag on this and go exploring.

I think the flash works just fine for as small as it is. He's had a camera pointed at him so many times he closes eyes every time he sees a camera.

The camera will work great for snaps of my garage shop(any body need any special parts made:smile:)

And it fits my hands just fine.

Jerry

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    woooooo
    i have a daytona 675 2010 se!
    i love the new tigers!