Hi from Bristol UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by crookedfootball, Jul 21, 2010.

1. crookedfootball

crookedfootball New to Mu-43

Jul 21, 2010
    Just bought an E-P1 w 17mm lens and optical VF. Other cameras are a Nikon D90, an ancient Rollei, a Voigtlander R3A, and a Nikon film slr. Wanted a mu43 camera because I like the size and weight of the Voigtlander, would like that in a digital camera and can't afford a Leica!

I was actually thinking of an EP-2 or a GF1 w the Panny 20mm, but the local camera store had an irresistible offer on the EP1 saving hundreds of pounds. Looking forward to learning the camera and using it, also planning to get M- and F- mound adapters for other lenses.

I have a flickr stream here

Flickr: Chris Bertram's Photostream

(with only 1 bad E-P1 photo as yet!)
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome and congratulations Chris AKA crookedfootball! There are many here who swear by their E-P1 cameras, so you're in good company. Glad to have you aboard, Chris.:biggrin:
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Now then Chris
    Sounds good, what was the bargainness of all that then?

I was farting about with the NEX & 16mm lens in the Sony shop yesterday ... found the lens just too wide for my use, wouldn't want one.
    16x1.5=24 equiv, 17x2=34mm equiv ... is the Oly 17mm a more reasonable view cos it sounds better?
  4. crookedfootball

crookedfootball New to Mu-43

Jul 21, 2010
    The 17mm is fairly wide ... I'll see if I get used to it.

The deal at Jacobs was £399 which compared with £629 for the GF1+20mm and more than £1000 for the E-P2+20mm+EVF (which is what I really wanted, but £600+ difference wouldn't justify).
  5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Chris hello and welcome here !
  6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Congratulations, and welcome to the home of m4/3rds Chris :friends:

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Chris.
  8. richiebee

richiebee Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    I spent the first thirty of my years in Bristol (Filton, Little Stoke, Kingswood)... will enjoy going through your Bristol Flickr pages. Now living a couple of thousand miles West and not getting back to visit very often.