Hi from Bilbao, Spain

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by txomin, Apr 12, 2010.

1. txomin

txomin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    Bilbao, Spain
    Hi, my name is Txomin and live in Bilbao, Spain.
    I've just sold out all my Canon Gear (40d, tokina 12-24, tamron 28-75...) because I was tired of taking so much weight and I'm just waiting for a GH1. It will take about 8 or 10 days to arrive.

And now I'm thinking about lenses...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Welcome, bet you can't wait! Enjoy and post photos when it comes.
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard, txomin! Thanks for stopping in here first and promise to let us know when your new camera arrives.:biggrin:
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome txomin - I'm another one who has downsized but unfortunately I'm already up to 2 bodies and 4 lenses with the new gear.
  5. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Txomin. This is the right place, glad you joined us. Congrats on your GH1.
  7. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Hola Txomin. Wellcome to this friendly place. You have other spaniard here :biggrin:
  8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Txomin, welcome and please make yourself at home :friends:

Hope your GH1 is with you soon!

9. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome to the forum , i have all my d90 and assorted lenses loaned to a friend.... i have not touched them since last june

i have come to love adapted manual glass on my ep1 and gf1 this came over me by complete surprise.... the only other native lens i wouldn't mind having is the plastic 20mm 1.7
    which ive seen images of around here , its optic are of a very high quality and its the fastest native af lens currently available

from your name i guess you may be Basque, the greatness, history and achievements of the Basque people and culture have fascinated me for many years , seafarers before the rest of Europe , a language that defies classification and predates any
    of the morphed Latin languages [ French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian etc] to which it is unrelated . a cuisine second to none, like pil -pil....... [ did i get that right ?]

if you are not Basque , it does not matter , you are here for the fellowship of micro four thirds and i hope to see many picture of your gh1 in action

cheers from NYC
  10. txomin

txomin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    Bilbao, Spain
    Thanks to all, it was a surprising wellcome.
  11. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    txomin, welcome.
    I have been to Bilbao a few times, my wife was born there