1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Austin!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Ccasey, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Ccasey

Ccasey Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Chris
    Hi everyone,

I've been reading and researching micro-4/3 for quite a while. After a couple of years of shooting a D700 (and a couple other DSLR's prior to that) with some very nice lenses I finally got tired of the weight. Managing the gear plus three small children was not fun.

With the release of the E-P3 I think I might have found the micro-4/3 camera for me. I received it last week and haven't touched my Nikon since it's arrival. I'm still very much in the getting-to-know-you phase with the new camera, so I'm sure I'm not getting the best out of it yet. Anyway, I'm happy to have made the leap, and look forward to continuing to practice and learn and hope to contribute to the forum shortly.

I got the kit zoom with the camera, managed to snag one of the GF2/14 deals from Unique, and recently ordered/preordered a 40-150 and a 25 1.4. I've been playing around with optically triggering my Nikon flashes and have tried out my Nikon 50 1.8 with a Fotodiox converter.

I guess at this point I'm still evaluating whether it's a replacement system for the DSLR, or a 2nd system. I mostly shoot my kids - candid portraits, at play, and the occasional more formal portraits as well.

Thanks for having me - looking forward to getting to know you in the coming days/months/years.

-Chris

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome Chris!

3. Ccasey

Ccasey Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Chris
    Thanks! :smile:

4. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Welcome! You'll find this is a very supportive community. You're off to a great start with lenses...

5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    WOOOOOO! Im up in round rock, and also just got an oly e-p3! (silver)
    are you on any of the meetup groups for austin?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard Chris! Great to have one more Texan!