Hi from Arizona

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jeffryscott, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    I've been a rangefinder guy at heart for years. First time I used a Minolta CLE I was sold. Bought a Leica M and used them for years. Went to Contax G and used those for years. Digital came and I've been using (newspaper supplies it) Nikon or Canon. I bought an Olympus E1 (I've always liked smaller and lighter, used Olympus OM's for years professionally) and used it for years.

Now, after 26 years as a newspaper photographer, I'm moving into a medical field, Respiratory Therapy, which offers me the same pay to start, a stable work environment and more importantly - job security. Photography will be for me once again.

As for gear, I tried and Ep-1 and loved it, but didn't like the lack of a finder. After seeing reviews of the VF-2 on the EP-2, I decided to go full tilt. EP-2, VF-2, Panasonic 7-14, 20 1.7 and will add the Leica 45mm when money allows.

The VF-2 makes all the difference in the world to me as far as the camera's usability. It's fantastic - although not quite as good as a Leica rangefinder.

I think I'll be very happy with this kit ...

• Like Like x 4
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Jeffry, welcome and thanks for joining this forum.
    Seems that Pan is working on a rangefinder mft camera. See 43rumors.
    Enjoy your weekend.

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Jeffry,

remember there's a mZD 50mm f2 macro on the way from Olympus... if it's anything like the ZD 50mm f2 it will be worth considering over the 45mm f2.8

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Jeffry, welcome to you and congratulations on your career move, too. I'll be looking forward to your involvement here in the forums. Many thanks for your thoughtful introduction.