1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from an Oly fan with new E-M5 toy!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by BillGibson, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BillGibson

BillGibson New to Mu-43

Jan 28, 2013
    Just bought E-M5 and love it. It looks like my OM2! But what magnificent pictures can it take! I am from Australia but in the UK for a few weeks and boy is it cold. Even though I was out taking photos in the cold wet windy conditions, the weather proofing is wonderful and means that I had no concerns whatever in having the camera out, so I could just look for shots.

I am an Olympus fan having had an OM1, OM2 (still working), E520, now the E-M5 + several point and shoot Olympus compacts. Love the size and now also the image quality.

I also am looking forward to using my OM lenses as well as coupling it to my Celestron telescope.

2. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Welcome to the UK and the forum - like yourself I have gone from the OM series (OM1N and OM3) to the EM-5 and having loads of fun - just having to learn the PP side rather than in the darkroom :biggrin:

3. BillGibson

BillGibson New to Mu-43

Jan 28, 2013
    I am trying to find a decent LCD screen protector, something better than a simple film-sheet that you apply. I find that the edges lift up and let in dust etc. Any suggestions

4. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    No, but what for?

5. BillGibson

BillGibson New to Mu-43

Jan 28, 2013
    To protect the reattach screen from scratches

6. BillGibson

BillGibson New to Mu-43

Jan 28, 2013
    Sorry to protect the rear screen from scratches

7. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    It's glass. Unless you're putting your keys in your camera bag you should be OK. I know a lot of folks like screen protectors, but for a touchscreen device I do have to wonder whether it will affect performance. And glass isn't all that fragile. Takes a lot to scratch it.

8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Bill!

Regards,

Jim

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I use Zagg screen protectors and they work fine with the touchscreen on my E-P3. Welcome to the forum! :cool: