Hi from a new user.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Chris83, May 15, 2011.

1. Chris83

Chris83 Mu-43 Rookie

May 14, 2011
    Hello all,

My name is Chris and I just wanted to make a quick introduction. I am brand new to the micro 4/3 world having recently decided to ditch my Canon XSI. Too much camera paired with the hassle of toting it, and various lenses around brought me to the realization that I am missing out on a great deal of shots.

Today I purchased a Panasonic f/1.7 20mm on eBay for what I feel was a killer deal considering how difficult they are to find as of late. Now I just need to find a body to go with it.:smile: Anyways, I will save that for another post.

Looking forward to continue reading and interacting on here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2010
    Welcome to the site Chris. :)
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Chris. You're definitely on the right track starting with the Lumix 20 :2thumbs:.
  4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome aboard Chris ... I'd start with the new G3 ... just to keep dust off the rear element.
  5. fotofotogger

fotofotogger Mu-43 Regular

May 5, 2011
    Well Chris - this is a great place to be!
  6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the forum Chris

Hi Chris,

Nice to have you here with us, when you manage to get a body.. perhaps you'll share a few posts with us.

You already have one great piece of gear.. the Panny 20 is terrific.

Cheers from New England, Alan
  7. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Congratulations on your new lens, and I hope you get a new camera to go with it. I once bought an LVF1 at a very good price and then never ended up buying a GF1.
  8. Chris83

Chris83 Mu-43 Rookie

May 14, 2011
    Thanks guys,

I just posted a new thread over in the "This and That" section in the hopes of trying to resolve a couple of issues I am having regarding equipment purchases.
  9. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    welcome aboard :)