hi everybody

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by alistairhenning, Jun 20, 2010.

1. alistairhenning

alistairhenning New to Mu-43

Jun 20, 2010
    I was compelled to join this forum because somebody was asking whether micro 4/3 cameras were good enough for pros to use.

Every day, I work as a photojournalist and pro freelance photographer. My sole camera body is an Olympus E-P2, which I use with the kit zoom, Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, and Noktor f/0.95.

These lenses (in conjunction with that body) are more than enough to fulfill my professional needs. And my work has also been exhibited in galleries across Canada and the UK, just this year.

The micro four thirds format is mature and robust enough to support users at all experience levels. Certainly, my practice has really taken off since I first got my hands on an E-P1 shortly after launch.

I'm eagerly anticipating where the standard goes from here!

Flickr: Alistair Henning's Photostream

• Like Like x 4
  2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    what a wonderful intro , many here believe in the strength of the micro four third way
    personally
    im waiting for 'backlit' sensors, greater sensor efficiency, and s\n ratios to make a grown man[ or woman] cry! its coming ....

cheers from nyc

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Alistair, welcome here !

4. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Hello! Welcome!

Would be really interesting to see some of your Noktor f/0.95 shots, think there is a thread somewhere..

This lens got a bit of bad reputation.. Or is it good?

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Glad to have you aboard Alistair and many thanks for your introduction here. I look forward to your involvement within the different forums.:flowers_2:

6. Muggie

Muggie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Welcome!:smile: took a peek at your Flickr site and you've got a great eye for the unique view... looking forward to seeing more!