Hi everybody from Chicago!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by unlearny, Jun 14, 2010.

1. unlearny

unlearny New to Mu-43

Jun 10, 2010
    Hey my name's Andy, and I have a keen interest in micro 4/3, and am still trying to decide which to buy. I like the olympus' looks, the panny's HD video, but the NX10 has 14mp! Can it be hacked to use micro 43?

Anyways, a lot going on in this head of mine, and can't wait to see some examples of :43: supermacrogigapans... my personal goal. how about 3DHDsupermacrogigapans? mmm, gimmicks and gadgets and eye candy unite!:43:

Which of the :43: are best for superclose macro straight outa the box?

Hope I buy a camera and take the perfect shot on aging b-4 deadline!

hey was that Leica Digilux3 really micro 4/3? maybe i have the wrong model.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Andy - don't get sucked in to the megapixel race - anything over 10MP is plenty in my book. As for macro the PanLeica 45mm f/2.8 is the only native MFT lens for macro but there is plenty of legacy glass that works well with a cheap adapter.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad to have you here, Andy!:biggrin: I'm looking forward to your ultimate decision. Check out the forums and if you are interested in comparing one or more of these :43: cameras, then the This or That forum is a great place to read through and/or start a new thread.:thumbup:
  4. unlearny

unlearny New to Mu-43

Jun 10, 2010
    Thanks you two, very good points.

I horde legacy glass... It's kinda sad, in contrast to my abilities as a photographer... my skills do not justify my hoarding.

I was thinking about micro 43, how many of these so called prosumer point and shoot cameras have very short focal distance, allowing for supermacro from 1" away. I had a Exilim FX20 for a few days... the macro was really impressive, but all the images had these terrible chromatic aberrations. because of the short focal distance maybe even 55mm has impressive macro on these cameras.
  5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    with the inexpensive extension tube options for m4\3 or legacy mounts , [ you can use either depending on your adapters arrangement] macro is what you make it

i use a 50 pentax auto 110 on a leica 1:4 200 extension tube a tiny but mighty combo