1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hi All from new m4/3 user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Salaud, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Salaud

Salaud New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2010
    Hi All.
    I just recently bought myself a G1, dumping my canon g10 for it ! A move I am yet to regret.
    What interested me most about the system was an outlet for my serious case of GAS, now I have genuine reasons to fill the office with endless boxes of lenses. "What ? more lenses ? what the hell are you gonna do with them" screams the wife, now instead of simply looking sheepish I can proudly declare " buy adapters and use them sweetie"

This is not to say that I have had to wait for m4/3 to come along to validate my GAS, Hell no I have been through all of them, Olympus film and digital, Pentax film and digital, but strangely only 1 Canon, the G10, finally settling on Nikon, I have to say that I love my d300 and collection of lenses BUT (there is always a but) I can see me offing it all in the near future should Panny come up with something approximating a Leica M8 in terms of size and looks (shallow aint I ?) it doesnt need to be a rangefinder, after all thats a role perfectly fulfilled by my collection of strange brick like russki cameras :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Salaud, welcome to the home of m4/3rds... you have a fantastic camera to explore legacy lenses of the most exotic kind!

I hope you will post some images and experience in due course with them, my sympathies to your wife :biggrin:

Cheers

Brian

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Salaud, what a great introduction - I think you could do "stand up" at a photographic gathering and be met with a round of laughs and applause!:biggrin: Welcome to mu-43.com, congrats on your G1, and I'll expect to see quite a bit from you in the Adapted Lenses forum soon.:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.