Hi All from new m4/3 user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Salaud, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Salaud

Salaud New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2010
    Hi All.
    I just recently bought myself a G1, dumping my canon g10 for it ! A move I am yet to regret.
    What interested me most about the system was an outlet for my serious case of GAS, now I have genuine reasons to fill the office with endless boxes of lenses. "What ? more lenses ? what the hell are you gonna do with them" screams the wife, now instead of simply looking sheepish I can proudly declare " buy adapters and use them sweetie"

This is not to say that I have had to wait for m4/3 to come along to validate my GAS, Hell no I have been through all of them, Olympus film and digital, Pentax film and digital, but strangely only 1 Canon, the G10, finally settling on Nikon, I have to say that I love my d300 and collection of lenses BUT (there is always a but) I can see me offing it all in the near future should Panny come up with something approximating a Leica M8 in terms of size and looks (shallow aint I ?) it doesnt need to be a rangefinder, after all thats a role perfectly fulfilled by my collection of strange brick like russki cameras :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Salaud, welcome to the home of m4/3rds... you have a fantastic camera to explore legacy lenses of the most exotic kind!

I hope you will post some images and experience in due course with them, my sympathies to your wife :biggrin:

Cheers

Brian

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Salaud, what a great introduction - I think you could do "stand up" at a photographic gathering and be met with a round of laughs and applause!:biggrin: Welcome to mu-43.com, congrats on your G1, and I'll expect to see quite a bit from you in the Adapted Lenses forum soon.:wink: