HG lenses on your mu-4/3.

gusmur

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,
Anyone using their HG lenses on their mu-4/3 cameras?
I'm thinking of using my 14-54 and 50-200 on the upcoming E-PL1.
I know the lens size difference kind of defeats the whole idea of going smaller with mu-4/3, but I don't want to lose any IQ from my current set up of E-510 with these two HG lenses. And I really want to switch to mu-4/3. Dilemma before Olympus comes out with some mu-4/3 HG glass.
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Best,
Angus

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
have a 50-200 but would never consider using on e-p1.... the arms length liveview would be a bitch to use

even on a tripod i would be concerned about the stress on the lensmount... especially on the e-pl1

just my thoughts...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
On a tripod, you'd have the lens supported with the light E-PL1 mounted to it... shouldn't be a problem for the camera's lens mount. Just make sure that shooting freehand, you support the combination by the lens (naturally) with your left hand.

No good for action, but not completely unthinkable.

I've used most ZD lenses with the E-P1, including the ZD 35-100mm f2 without any problem.

Cheers

Brian

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom