hey!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kapitano, Apr 20, 2012.

1. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    hello!

i'm new to the forum, so let me first apologize for my broken english since i'm not a native spreaker! :smile:

i recently bought an olympus pen e-pl1 as a small and lightweight counterpart for my olympus e-1. i enjoy using both cameras and i think they really are a great team. i use my olympus pen e-pl1 with my adapted zuiko and zuiko digital glass and i'm pretty pleased with the results.

what else can i say? i hope you''ll like my photographs! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey welcome here Robert. Don't worry about your broken english because that's all I know and get it wrong most of the time. I've been through Austria and it's such a beautiful place. I actually bought a big black hat when we stopped at Innsbruck and I wear it everyday at work. I'm from Australia and the mountains you have over there blew my mind.

Thanks for saying hello,

icon

• Like Like x 1
  3. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Welcome to the forum! And your english is actually alot better than most people on this forum :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    thanks, folks! :smile:

nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation in austria, icon! to be honest, i have never been to innsbruck. it's too far away from where i live. but i've traveled to australia once and i really like your country! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Post some pics!!!!!!:D

- Eliot

• Like Like x 1
  6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome Robert! The language of photography is all the same! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    i would be glad to show you some pictures! of course, most of my photographs are taken with my beloved olympus e-1. i bought my olympus pen e-pl1 only three months ago, and i didn't have too much time to use it. also, i don't have a pancake lens yet, so i don't always have my olympus pen e-pl1 with me.

well, i've already uploaded a few pictures. you can find them in my gallery. all of them are taken with the olympus pen e-pl1, and i have to admit that these aren't my best shots, but while it really is fun to use such a small camera, it is also quite a challenge for me to compose without a viewfinder. anyways, am i allowed to open a dedicated thread to show these photographs, even if i've already put them in my gallery? sorry for such a question, but as a new member i don't want to do anything wrong!

feedback is always appreciated, by the way! :smile:

8. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I need an e1!

I'll take a look see at yer pics when I'm home. iPad app isn't letting me find galleries
    Boo!

- Eliot

• Like Like x 1
  9. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    thanks, eliot! :smile:

the olympus e-1 is such a nice camera. it has some old technology inside, but in my opinion that's just part of its charm! may i upload a few pictures that i took with it to my gallery and/or post them somewhere here in the forum?

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! I checked out your gallery - nice shots, I really love the door. Enjoy the forum.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  11. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    thanks for the feedback! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.