1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

hey!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kapitano, Apr 20, 2012.

1. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    hello!

i'm new to the forum, so let me first apologize for my broken english since i'm not a native spreaker! :smile:

i recently bought an olympus pen e-pl1 as a small and lightweight counterpart for my olympus e-1. i enjoy using both cameras and i think they really are a great team. i use my olympus pen e-pl1 with my adapted zuiko and zuiko digital glass and i'm pretty pleased with the results.

what else can i say? i hope you''ll like my photographs! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey welcome here Robert. Don't worry about your broken english because that's all I know and get it wrong most of the time. I've been through Austria and it's such a beautiful place. I actually bought a big black hat when we stopped at Innsbruck and I wear it everyday at work. I'm from Australia and the mountains you have over there blew my mind.

Thanks for saying hello,

icon

• Like Like x 1
  3. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Welcome to the forum! And your english is actually alot better than most people on this forum :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    thanks, folks! :smile:

nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation in austria, icon! to be honest, i have never been to innsbruck. it's too far away from where i live. but i've traveled to australia once and i really like your country! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Post some pics!!!!!!:D

- Eliot

• Like Like x 1
  6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome Robert! The language of photography is all the same! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    i would be glad to show you some pictures! of course, most of my photographs are taken with my beloved olympus e-1. i bought my olympus pen e-pl1 only three months ago, and i didn't have too much time to use it. also, i don't have a pancake lens yet, so i don't always have my olympus pen e-pl1 with me.

well, i've already uploaded a few pictures. you can find them in my gallery. all of them are taken with the olympus pen e-pl1, and i have to admit that these aren't my best shots, but while it really is fun to use such a small camera, it is also quite a challenge for me to compose without a viewfinder. anyways, am i allowed to open a dedicated thread to show these photographs, even if i've already put them in my gallery? sorry for such a question, but as a new member i don't want to do anything wrong!

feedback is always appreciated, by the way! :smile:

8. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I need an e1!

I'll take a look see at yer pics when I'm home. iPad app isn't letting me find galleries
    Boo!

- Eliot

• Like Like x 1
  9. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    thanks, eliot! :smile:

the olympus e-1 is such a nice camera. it has some old technology inside, but in my opinion that's just part of its charm! may i upload a few pictures that i took with it to my gallery and/or post them somewhere here in the forum?

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! I checked out your gallery - nice shots, I really love the door. Enjoy the forum.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  11. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    thanks for the feedback! :smile: