1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hey, You! (Juvenile Bald Eagle)

Discussion in 'Nature' started by denniscloutier, Feb 20, 2013.

1. denniscloutier

denniscloutier Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2011
    I was recently at Boundary Bay, B.C., playing with a Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L zoom. I also had a 1.4 tele converter on it for a combined focal length of 560mm, and manual focus. Even with the tripod manual focus was difficult because of the lens shake. I did finally figure out how to make the IBIS work while I was digitally zoomed in, which helped a fair bit.

It was quite the challenge, but I did get a few decent shots. Definitely the sharpness was not the best with this combination, although part of the problem was the difficulty in focusing. One of these shots is quite sharp and the other not so much. Still, the combo does a good job of pulling things in close. These images are cropped by about 10% only.

These shots were taken in the same location of, I think, the same eagle, but they were about 2 hours apart, which explains the blue sky in the second shot. I particularly like the attitude in the second shot.

I sure am looking forward to getting some long lenses in m43.

Comments are welcome, especially advice on how to handle a monster combination like this.

Thanks,
    Dennis

• Like Like x 6
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Great photos! What camera were you using?

3. denniscloutier

denniscloutier Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2011
    Thanks.

I used my OM-D.

Dennis

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Nice combo with the Canon L lens. :cool: