1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

hey ya'll - new here from spring tx

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by janetg, Oct 4, 2012.

1. janetg

janetg New to Mu-43

Oct 4, 2012
    just doing the intro thing. i live north of houston, in tx. I am a professional wedding photography currently heavily invested in the canon system.

Looking for MONTHS to find a personal camera without the baggage, led me to the OMD system, and it was love at first sight. I can be as complicated as I want to with it, and it's also easy enough for my husband (who can't operate an IPAD).

anyway - that's all really. looking forward to reading posts, gawking at photos, and learning more about what these tiny cameras and lenses are capable of.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum. There have been some interesting posts of folks doing weddings with :43: gear. Check them out! :cool:

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Janet! It is kind of nice to be able to hand off a camera to someone that isn't a photographer, after switching to auto maybe, and they can still get a great shot.

4. janetg

janetg New to Mu-43

Oct 4, 2012
    @revbob - no doubt it will be going with me to weddings. i also have an fujix100 that has in the past done much of the getting ready photos.

i took the OMD on an engagement shoot alongside the 5d3, the couple will never know which camera was which.

@krugrog - YES, it will be nice to hand it to someone now and again. if i can just teach him to either step closer to the subject...or use the zoom - haha. (he didn't used to be so bad, but with age..you know - have to keep up or fall behind).

anyway - thanks for the welcome and thanks to this forum, i have rented the 7-14mm lens for an upcoming trip to italy, coupled with the kit lens, i think that'll do me. can't wait to share some photos.

5. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Welcome from a fellow Houstonian!

Texans fan, I presume. :wink:

6. janetg

janetg New to Mu-43

Oct 4, 2012
    eh - i don't follow sports much anymore - now when it was luv you blue..ya..back in the bum phillips days. and thanks for the welcome scarbrd... i am in the spring / tomball area - you?

7. cdecurtis

cdecurtis Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2012
    Marietta, Georgia, USA
    Charles
    Janet, IMHO, I would also take a longer tele to Italy for architectural shots...esp. details on buildings or art work that you cannot get very close too. Have fun.

8. janetg

janetg New to Mu-43

Oct 4, 2012
    curtis - i do also have the 40-150 - but didn't know if i would have the need for it - but I guess I will take it along as well, it doesn't weigh anything - but it is one more thing to keep track of.

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Another Texan...:cool:

10. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    And yet another Houstonian here - from the other end of I-45 (Clear Lake City).

Welcome!

11. janetg

janetg New to Mu-43

Oct 4, 2012
    ha - that is the other end of houston. i get wedding clients that want to shoot engagements down at the boardwalk - and i'm like seriously? do you know how large houston is from end to end? my friend in new hampshire can't comprehend.

thanks for the welcome chuck - and everyone.

so i guess i should get busy on the boards and here and see what's up - i've seen some really amazing photography here!