1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hey street photographers stay away from houston

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Chrisnmn, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    That video is so campy. Are we sure it's real??? speechless.

3. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Nothing about Houston surprises me. Well, maybe if they suddenly turned tolerant, forgiving or peaceloving ...

• Like Like x 1
  4. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    I only hope it's a spoof. I was half expecting to see that woman with a camera wearing a "I heart Al Qaeda" jacket.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Okay,
    I can't read between the lines here - what are you really saying?

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Watching the video more -- if everyone did all of the things recommended, terrorism would win, because society would grind to a halt. The police would have to investigate everyone who forgot a bag, taking pictures, wearing anything other than shorts in the summer, etc.

Their lines would be flooded, and it'd be a great place to start doing simple break-ins, because the police would be so busy chasing down photographers and other miscreants.

7. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
  8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    As a Brit and suffering the increasing paranoi in our country from parents who now commonly associate male photographers with pedophilea, it is interesting to see this video from a UK perspective.

I personally felt that it was a generalisation asking people to be alert for people doing things that look suspicious and the only photographic event was that of the lady trying to shoot out of the bag and taking notes, right in the middle of a foyer - too silly for words!

I do wonder where the people who create these films get their brief from - real world terrorists use far more covert methods of capturing information than the obvious depicted in the video.

Whilst it is good to make people more aware it needs to be realistic and factual not exagerated and unrealistic as depicted in all the events in this film.

I suspect they were more concerned with making a movie than getting the facts right and making it current and realistic - shame, truth hurts but it can save lives - something we are very aware of in the UK.

9. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    A lot about Houston might surprise you - on the good side. It's changed a lot in the 30+ years I've lived here, mostly for the positive. Still a ways to go, but the trends are mostly in the right direction.

10. Sorry, but the topic of this thread comes under the umbrella of politics and the discussion of photographer's rights. Please refer to the Site Terms of Service for clarification of this, specifically Rule #7.

11. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Welcome to America. Only terrorists in movies photograph and movies are real.

12. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    I thought the art gallery was sensationally good. Good to hear the changes are positive. I just had the impression every time I was there that there was an unhealthy obsession with guns, violence and military things in general. Maybe I was unlucky, maybe it's my european pansy liberal upbringing :)

13. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Can't believe my tax dollars paid for this steam pile.

14. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    The failure of both the left and the right to protest the excesses of DHS and TSA greatly saddens me (as a Canadian that shares a border and used to enjoy visiting far more in the past).

This almost isn't in the realm of political but rational vs irrational...smart vs stupid policy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. chromatin64

chromatin64 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2012
    A Leekist in York, UK
    Russell
    I hope they arrest Google for their Streetview activities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.