1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hey I just printed 8 18x24's and they look awesome!

Discussion in 'Printing' started by MAubrey, Mar 20, 2014.

1. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    MJ
  3. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Sweet! I was planning to have some 20x24 prints made and was wondering if my mu4/3 images would be okay or if I needed to use FF files.

4. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    These are all with my E-M5. With that camera, I wouldn't worry about print anything that's ISO400 or lower. If my exposure is dead on I could probably get away with ISO 800, but I've never tried. Most of my work is landscape, so I'm nearly always at base ISO.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks for the tip about ISO, I'll definately check that before I send my file(s) to the printer. Anything that I'm going to have printed from mu4/3 will be from my EM-5, I also shoot mostly landscape and prefer base ISO (or as close as possible).

6. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    If you want to do a trial run, I use shortrunposters.com just to get a preliminary idea of how things will look. You can get a 18x24mm for $3+shipping. It's a nice way to preview noise characteristics...though it's more or less useless for things like color accuracy. Still, its a cheap simple way to get drafts of large prints a head of time, particularly if you want to compare how different processing approaches look on the same image.