Hey from Sydney.. GF1!!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by plainfaced, Jan 13, 2011.

1. plainfaced

plainfaced New to Mu-43

Jan 13, 2011

Just popped in to say hi.

Been on a long search to find an upgrade from my P&S. Ive been heavily researching the world of :43:..

So hopefully in the next few weeks I will be the proud new owner of a Panasonic GF1 w/ 20mm. Was considering going the GF2, but like the style of the GF1 better, and the fact that it still has a dial etc..

So GF1 it is.. Unless somebody can talk me into purchasing a GF2.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. vintageslrs

vintageslrs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Welcome plainfaced!

Enjoy this great forum!
    Hope you visit often and post often!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and Hello from Scotland. I recently bought a GF1 myself. Haven't had much chance to try it out due to snow, rain, and generally gloomy weather. It's a nice camera to use - peppy and responsive. Don't know about the GF2 - not seen one in the shops yet. Nice to meet ya.

All the best,

4. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Greetings - also from Sydney.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    The GF2 still has the same buttons as the GF1 to control most functions. Changing mode dial to a touch screen to change mode should not be a problem, how often do you change mode. Rear function control wheel still changes A or S setting along with exposure compensation. GF2 has improved AF along with a size and weight reduction. Amateur Photographer magazine have given it a good write up.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I'll add my welcome plainfaced and hope you can make up your mind soon. Buying a camera is a big decision...something I've done quite a bit of in the last year.:wink:

If you get your camera soon, please consider joining us in Streetshooter's latest Image Quest In The House, which is custom made for many of us who are finding that the weather isn't cooperating.:smile: