Hey All!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by syilim, Jan 31, 2011.

1. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    Hello everyone!

Henry here. British born chinese, currently in Vancouver. Just got myself a Black E-pl2, upgraded from Panasonic DMC-ZS3 point and shoot. SO FAR SO GOOD!!

There's like so much more buttons and functions! Lol. Probably because my photography background was "Point and Shoot", literally. Didn't touch the other functions on my ZS3 much. The odd times when I did, I never really knew what I was doing.

Within the last 1/2 year or so (when I first saw some guy in Hong Kong carrying a white E-pl1 which I thought looked SO NICE!), my interest in photography has grown a little by little. I want more from my photos now (more as in "more than a quick point and shoot after counting 3,2,1 in a hurried fashion so that I could go and do something else =P)

So now I'm beginning my new quest of learning photography as well as post editing!!

Will most probably be bombarding a lot of questions in the near future! ^_^
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome aboard syilim,

Go ahead and ask away, this is a very friendly, and knowledgeable group. You've come to the right place!

Welcome from New England!
  3. BrianK

BrianK Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Lansing MI
  4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Hey, right back at you. Welcome from California.

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome, and Hello from Scotland :smile:
  6. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Hi and welcome! Good luck with your new camera and I hope you enjoy your time on this forum:)
  7. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    Welcome and congrats on the new epl-2 you have a excellent camera there. And ask away with any questions.
  8. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Congrats on acquiring the EPL-2. I'm sure you are going to really enjoy it! Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.
  9. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

And another welcome from Oz. A great camera to learn on - you won't outgrow it in a hurry.
  10. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    Thanks all for the very warm welcome ^_^
  11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Henry, I'm a bit late but no less happy to welcome you here! The more I have read about the new Olympus E-PL2 the better it looks to me. Please make yourself at home and don't hesitate to ask questions.

You might find several threads extremely helpful, if you haven't already found them. First stop is the members only Image Works forum where, among other great threads, you'll see a sticky thread that is top notch for learning how to use any camera's controls: A Primer on Aperture, f stops, ISO and EV compensation It is well worth reading. In addition, you might find Brian Mosely's video series on the E-P2: https://www.mu-43.com/f42/olympus-e-p2-quick-start-part-1-a-586/ to be very useful even though it is not about the same camera...and the same goes for this thread about the E-PL1: https://www.mu-43.com/f42/e-pl1-experience-diary-1686/

Happy reading and happy shooting! Looking forward to seeing some of your photos very soon, too!:2thumbs:
  12. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    Thanks BBW. Will deffo give those thread a read! Maybe right now actually! :smile: