hexanon 57mm 1.2 with micro 4\3 adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by cosinaphile, Jan 26, 2010.

1. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    It's also one of the more (most?) expensive f1.2 lenses. If you already have one, congratulations and happy shooting; but perhaps it's better not to raise the hopes of people who may have read elsewhere that Konica AR lenses are available for peanuts: two among the exceptions to this rule of thumb are this and the 85mm lens.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

And may I ask how much is expensive? I think that there may be at least one other person on here who either has one or did have one not too long ago.

Fast is a great thing to have.

And by the way cosinaphile, it does look quite beautiful on your camera - now I hope to see some photos with it soon!

• Like Like x 2
  4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Checked out a couple on ebay (one closed, one open auction), both were just shy of $300...actually not bad for an F1.2 lens!

• Like Like x 2
  5. cosinaphile

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i was fortunate enuf th snatch this for about $ 250 on e bay....... a friend played with the 57mm 1.2 briefly and instantly wanted one ,the next one he saw on e bay was like $500. yikes!......... the adapter is solidly built and finished and compliments the lens well .

It came to me in excellent condition all glass clear and clean, barrel in excellent condition a little shy of mint , the konica uv filter has some very tiny marks otherwise it was all good

shooting thru the filter seems not to show the near microscopic marks in the image ,but ive not checked too closely yet for them yet

i took it out in the day and it seemed just so much overkill, its a heavy lens , not crazy heavy, but noticeably so , as the meter called for f 8 and 11 , it seemed to me i was haulin this gem around for no reason , as the tiny contax g 45 f2 sat home unused

in the evening its a different story, by steetlamps i was shooting at at 1\80../. 100.. 250 of a sec!! holy moly.... i never experienced this before at lower iso`s, its a treat.
    it really makes a difference over my nokton 50 1.5 a somewhat sharper lens wide open
    but the 57 1.2 is plenty sharp for its speed much better than i had hoped,.. indoors without a flash this lens shines as well

ill post pictures shot with the lens shortly

• Like Like x 2
  6. cosinaphile

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    and thank you all for the kind words

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Yes, I have the latest (rubber focusing ring) Hexanon 57mm f1.2 and Hex 85mm f1.8 which were both quite rare to locate, but thoroughly worth it.

The 57mm f1.2 is a delight for portrait work (despite being a 35mm SLR lens, and hence quite heavy) - oh for a m4/3rds version for portraits! :cloud-9-039:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  8. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    Good question. Obviously anyone accustomed to a variety of Leitz products is going to find the price of just about any Japanese SLR lens pretty low. At the other extreme you'll have some people saying that it's only half a stop faster than a Super Takumar 55/1.4, which is fine and costs peanuts.

Here it costs perhaps five times as much as the (excellent) Hexanon f/1.4 lens. A couple of years back I got the Canon FL 58/1.2 (I'm sure about the FL and the 1.2; might have got the 58 wrong) with a wonky diaphragm but otherwise fine, and had the diaphragm fixed, all for about $100. Though this Hexanon is reputedly a much better lens than the FL (and presumably a slightly lighter one too).

Excellent lens, excellent price -- well done!

There's no way you'd see them. It's an optical impossibility. If you gouged the filter you wouldn't see the pattern in your pictures. Now, if you gouged it really badly this might cause some nasty (but minor) reflection and image degradation; you could then paint the gouge black and you'd be OK.

Least harmful are tiny flakes of black paint bouncing around within the lens. They have no effect whatever (although conceivably their loss from the barrel adds microscopically to the area that isn't matte). But -- perhaps in part because they're collectively called "dirt" -- they scare away the easily scared. Which means that we can buy such lenses more cheaply, ha ha.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Oh yes, good point hohoho... the 57mm f1.4 is much easier to locate, lighter and has beautiful bokeh too. A very useful alternative to the 57mm f1.2.

E-400 + Hexanon 57mm f1.4
    1/2000s f/1.4 iso100

E-400 + Hexanon 57mm f1.4
    1/320s f/1.4 iso100

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 5
  10. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    In the meantime, here's a shot from my Hexanon 57mm f1.2 on the E-P1...

E-P1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
    1/160s f/1.2 iso200

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 3
  12. cosinaphile

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    great shots here

13. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Is it the Konica AR Lens To G1 GH1 GF1 EP1 E-P2 Micro 4/3 Adapter that's needed for these Hexanon lenses?

14. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Andy,

yes - I can't find the e-bay seller at the moment, but there are at least a couple of suppliers out there of Hexanon AR to m4/3rds adapters.

I'd already converted my Hexanon lenses for use with 4/3rds - so I just bought one 4/3rds to m4/3rds adapter for my ZD lenses as well as the converted Hex lenses.

If I was starting today - I'd go for the Hexanon to m4/3rds adapter.

Cheers

Brian

15. rich s

rich s Guest

This one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350276083560&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

16. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    I've been getting all of my adapters from THESE GUYS because they are
    already from the US (NY) and arrive much more quickly...... at
    least for those of us in the US,

17. flyby

flyby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Help Please on Lens

I have just purchased the GF1 and previously owned the Canon Rebel XTI. I have the following lens for the Canon: Sigma 10-20MM F4-F5.6, The Tamron 19-35MM F3.5-4.5 and the Canon EOS 17-85MM F4-5.6

Will any of the above lenses work with the GF1 and if so how? What adapter..anything else needed?

I am so new to all of this and read the posts, but many of them assume you already know a great deal..I know nothing.

It would be nice if someone who did know about adaptive lens would post what works with the Micro 4/3rds and what is "best" meaning are older legacy lens better than lens created for DSLR cameras?

As I increase my collection of lens...what should I really be looking for?

I would appreciate any info that one is willing to post about adaptive lens and how to use and which ones work well.:confused:

18. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Evening Flyby

Point One
    If there is no aperture ring it is more difficult, maybe not possible on some and more expensive than if there is an aperture ring

the crop factor is x 2 on the M4/3 whereas it is x 1.5 or 1.6 on the DX.....so that should give you a steer on lens sizes

If you can get a fast 20mm MF cheap that must be a good start

19. dtphoto

dtphoto New to Mu-43

Feb 4, 2010
    other lenses

:smile:i have been using rj adapters and they are great my best to the konica
    and i am happy with my canon fl 1.2 and noct from nikon

20. cosinaphile

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    • Like Like x 1