Help!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MartinF, Jan 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MartinF

MartinF New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2018
    View attachment 604426 I have just bought a used omd-5 mark1. The other day i took i out for testing it . The weather was lovely. So i was really looking forward to see them on the computer. But!! In almost every pic There are strange lines in the sky . WHY ?? Im using a pansonic 14 mm 2,5. Shooting in raw , all manuall

View attachment 604427

2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

What are you processing the RAWs with? It looks like posterization banding to me - heavy processing and/or poor output quality.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. MartinF

MartinF New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2018
    Hi . Im using photoshop mobil on my iphone 6s or snapseed. I dont touch the photos that mutch . A little contr , satur , very little sharpness. I have never seen something even close in my photos ever.

4. MartinF

MartinF New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2018
    New to Mu-43
    Hi . Im using photoshop mobil on my iphone 6s or snapseed. I dont touch the photos that mutch . A little contr , satur , very little sharpness. I have never seen something even close in my photos ever.

5. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Not being familiar with either software but having previously owned an E-M5 Mk1 and using Adobe ACR for RAW processing, I'd blame the processing..

Also, are these the actual images or are they screenshots of upload to something like Instagram? Those providers tend to heavily compress images which are never kind to large colour transitions.

What does a SOOC JPEG look like? You can reprocess the RAW in-camera to output a JPEG if you didn't save a JPEG originally. It would be helpful if you could attach the SOOC JPEG or even better, provide a link to the ORF.

6. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Any camera will do that if you process the image incorrectly. Usually a result of using a vibrant setting, cranking up the contrast and saturation.
    If that is the type of result you want, you need to use 16 bit not 8 bit processing to avoid the posterisation, only converting to the 8 bit JPG in the final step.

Try the JPGs out of the camera as suggested. The Olympus processing to make JPGs in the camera is very good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I don’t know. I have an E-M1 and P14 haven’t seen anything like that.

8. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    How are you getting the images onto you iPhone?

9. MartinF

MartinF New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2018
    Appl
    Apples own addapter

10. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    I am going to bet that the apps are using the low resolution preview embedded into the RAW file and not the RAW file. I can't remember which apps will use RAW files or which iPhone and IOS you need to use RAW files. Convert the images into the highest resolution JPG in camera and try again..............or edit the RAW files on a computer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MartinF

MartinF New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2018
    Thanx alot! I will try that , somebody else tolde me the same .

• Like Like x 1
  12. MartinF

MartinF New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2018
    I appreciated all your help! Thanx

• Like Like x 1