Help with viewing video on PC

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by Chuck Pike, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I went to the Taste of Charlotte and took many pictures. I also took three short videos all of which I can see in play back on the GF1. I down loaded the files to my PC, and I can see all of the stills, but only two of the movies. I can see the file on my PC, it just will not play the file. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't believe that I did anything differently between the three videos, but then I could have, not having taken video before. Thanks for any help that you can give.

photosbypike

2. saeveritt

saeveritt Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2010
    Southern Texas
    Are the three videos of the same file type?

3. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    yes they are

Yes they are the same file type but I found a solution. When I placed the card in the card reader, I had been saving to a folder and then using VLC Media player to open them. Well it worked the other few times I have used this with other downloads. This time it worked for the first two, but not the third video. So I did go back and read the manual that came with my GF1 and what I found was that I needed to download the files using Photo Fun Studio which is one of the software programs that came with the GF1. I went back to my camera and pulled the memory card and re-downloaded those files to a folder on my desktop. I was able to read all videos like a charm.

photosbypike