1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help with viewing video on PC

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by Chuck Pike, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I went to the Taste of Charlotte and took many pictures. I also took three short videos all of which I can see in play back on the GF1. I down loaded the files to my PC, and I can see all of the stills, but only two of the movies. I can see the file on my PC, it just will not play the file. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't believe that I did anything differently between the three videos, but then I could have, not having taken video before. Thanks for any help that you can give.

photosbypike

2. saeveritt

saeveritt Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2010
    Southern Texas
    Are the three videos of the same file type?

3. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    yes they are

Yes they are the same file type but I found a solution. When I placed the card in the card reader, I had been saving to a folder and then using VLC Media player to open them. Well it worked the other few times I have used this with other downloads. This time it worked for the first two, but not the third video. So I did go back and read the manual that came with my GF1 and what I found was that I needed to download the files using Photo Fun Studio which is one of the software programs that came with the GF1. I went back to my camera and pulled the memory card and re-downloaded those files to a folder on my desktop. I was able to read all videos like a charm.

photosbypike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.