Help with Very faint spot on EPL-5 Sensor

Fred S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Fred S
Help with Very faint spot on EPL-5 Sensor
I am guessing its on the sensor. Almost a perfect circle. I cannot see anything on the sensor
Same with 2 lenses
shows up with a blue sky background . It cannot be seen on a dark background or a white Background
It is visible with my VF-2 but not the LCD
So far I have tried pixel mapping and a sensor cleaner without any luck
Sand paper did not work either ( kidding ) :wink:

NOT a big issue as I can Photoshop it out in less than a minute
Thank you very much for any help

fist picture is OOC jpg
2nd is cropped

View attachment 354354

View attachment 354355

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
Well, I had similar issues with both my E-PL5 and E-M5 and decided to give both of them a wet clean with SensorSwabs (APSC size works fine but used against the long edge of the u43 sensor) and Eclipse fluid. I was aware of potential issues with the IS, but I reasoned that many local camera stores and repair labs will clean Oly sensors and I doubt they have special gear to do so - so I went ahead. The result was 2 clean sensors and no problems with IBIS. I was careful not to apply to much pressure and to make sure the cameras were turned off so that the IBIS was parked.

Fred S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Fred S
NO LUCK

I picked up a 17mm Eclipse Sensor Swab
followed directions as per sensor cleaning on the web site
No change in Sensor Spot
Tried it 1 more time . No change in Sensor Spots :mad:
I am assuming it a BAD spot :confused: I was sure this would have fixed it

So I can live with wide open to f 8.0 ( it shows up at f 9.0 and up ) The example was at f 11.0
OR upgrade to a EM-10

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I picked up a 17mm Eclipse Sensor Swab
followed directions as per sensor cleaning on the web site
No change in Sensor Spot
Tried it 1 more time . No change in Sensor Spots :mad:
I am assuming it a BAD spot :confused: I was sure this would have fixed it

So I can live with wide open to f 8.0 ( it shows up at f 9.0 and up ) The example was at f 11.0
OR upgrade to a EM-10
Sounds like those swabs came pre-moistened with cleaning solution? Maybe they were dried out?

Since the image projects upside down on your sensor, that would be a particle visible on the lower right side of the cover glass if it is a particle.

Fred S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Fred S
Sounds like those swabs came pre-moistened with cleaning solution? Maybe they were dried out?

Since the image projects upside down on your sensor, that would be a particle visible on the lower right side of the cover glass if it is a particle.
Thank for the reply Harry
The Swabs are moist. I also did extra cleaning on the entire right side of my sensor. Nothing visible
I view through my VF-2 . Nothing visible through the VF-2. As soon as I click the shutter I can see the spot in my VF-2
I still can't believe the Swabs did not change anything

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom