1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help With tethering EM-1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dennis Mansour, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Dennis Mansour

Dennis Mansour Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2015
    dennis
    photo.JPG photo.JPG I downloaded the CD that came with the camera. I read the Youtube about how to tether BUT it does not do what the Instructions say to do, I don't see the it. I am using a Sony Vio. The Capture software says Ver. 1.5 Is that ok. Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    The latest version of Olympus Capture is 1.0.1.
    Olympus Viewer is at 1.5.
    So perhaps you are running the wrong program, which would explain a lot!
    You need to explain what you are doing step by step. "I don't see the it" doesn't really explain much.

3. Dennis Mansour

Jun 22, 2015
    dennis
    I will check the Capture to see what version and get back to you. Thank you so much

4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    For tethering, make sure you have the latest version of Olympus Capture and associated software, open the program and check for updates. Shutdown the program.

Turn on your camera and make sure you have Firmware 2.0 or later. Turn camera off. Connect USB to computer and camera, turn on camera, select the computer icon on the screen. If Capture does not start automatically, open it, and you should be able to shoot and then see it on your screen.

The only help there is on the internet are some YouTube videos and the Help files with the program.

However if you still can't get it, just ask your question back here.

5. Dennis Mansour

Jun 22, 2015
    dennis
    Just found out That I had to download Capture from OLY website. Now it seems to boot up correctly. I hope all is well when I try it, Thank you all

6. Dennis Mansour

Jun 22, 2015
    dennis
    I will get back once I try it over this weekend. Thanks for your help and support

7. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    Personally I prefer to use Camera Control to tether as it can do so wirelessly.

https://rebs.biz/cc/en/index.html

It allows both control via computer interface (I don't use this personally) and also live import (what I use) which allows you to pull photos off the camera onto your computer as you shoot. The live import set to only pull jpegs (it can do RAW if desired) allows me to see a large preview of the shot as I take while still allowing me to use the camera normally without wires getting in the way.

I'm unsure if the native Olympus software can do that as I stopped using it long ago since third party had progressed far past it.