Help with parts EP 2

nishendu

Mu-43 Regular
I have lost a cable that came with my EP 2. This is the one that can be used to play video on TV and can be used to down load firmware, conect camer to pC to down load picture. I am not sure what that is called. Any help? Looked at olympus web site but I cannot tell from the picture.

nishendu

Mu-43 Regular
I believe it was one cable tht had both USB and regular cable to watch the video on TV. May be they were just togehter but I narmally down load pictures by attaching the card to my PC.
I am looking for the cable to down load firmware updates. It seems to be different from normal USB cables for PC.

antithetic

Mu-43 Regular
For firmware updates, I think it's the USB cable. It's a standard mini-USB to USB cable and looks something like this.

usb-kabel-mini=foto=canon.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

They can be had at other online retailers for much cheaper than direct from Olympus.

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I made this mistake ... a standard mini-USB will NOT fit the Olympus socket -- it is their own proprietary design ... so you either have to buy an original one from Olympus, or get a clone from eBay for under $10

nishendu

Mu-43 Regular
"I made this mistake ... a standard mini-USB will NOT fit the Olympus socket -- it is their own proprietary design ... so you either have to buy an original one from Olympus, or get a clone from eBay for under $10"
Pdh, thanks for pointing that out. Now what do I look for on E bay? I tried but I could not find it. Does it have a name or number? I could not find it in accesories either.
Again I do need this cable to update the firmware which I think resides in the camera and not on the card.

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
3rd option : it looks like any olympus compact use the exact same cable. Find a 2nd hand mju tough on the bay ;-) to supplement your µ4:3 outfit.

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
There are two cables for that socket on the camera. One is a USB cable, the other is a composite and sound cable.

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Let me be clear about what I am specifically referring to:

There is a cable supplied that has at one end a standard USB plug that will go into any computer with a suitable USB socket, and on the other end has a connector that looks very like a mini-USB connector, but is actually an Olympus proprietary design.

On the E-Px, there is a socket that looks very like a mini-USB socket, designed to accept the Olympus plug, and is the matching Olympus proprietary design.

A standard mini-USB plug will NOT fit the camera.

There's loads of eBay traders selling them, I haven't actually bought one so I can't vouch for their quality, but this is a typical example:

GENUINE CB-USB6 OLYMPUS USB CABLE FOR E-P1 E-P2 CAMERA on eBay (end time 18-Oct-10 21:58:32 BST)

As for HDMI cables and suchlike, I have no idea!

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
Let me be clear about what I am specifically referring to:

There is a cable supplied that has at one end a standard USB plug that will go into any computer with a suitable USB socket, and on the other end has a connector that looks very like a mini-USB connector, but is actually an Olympus proprietary design.

pdh, you were clear. (-: I wanted to address this:

I have lost a cable that came with my EP 2. This is the one that can be used to play video on TV and can be used to down load firmware, conect camer to pC to down load picture.

There isn't a cable that does all this. There are two.

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Ah yes, Brianetta ... I only had a a vague memory of finding two cables with my E-P2 kit and I couldn't be bothered to dig it all out of the spare room to see!

nishendu

Mu-43 Regular
They were two cables. I had just used a twist to tie them together so I can lose both at the same time.

Latest threads

Top Bottom