Help with panasonic software

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by James, Apr 18, 2011.

1. James

James Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2011
    I have recently been lucky to get hold of a new GF1.
    The camera comes with CD software that is unfortunately for windows vista/xp - not windows 7. I can only assume the product has been in the shop for some time.
    I am a little perturbed in how to access updated software for windows 7 - in paricular Silkypix studio developer.
    Has anyone got any ideas?
  2. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Have you tried it?

The software that Panasonic provides is not "freeware", so they don't make it available as a free download.

While the CD may not yet say Win 7, I've run it under Win 7 (32 bit) without any problem. Have you tried it, or are you apprehensive because the CD doesn't list Win 7? If you tried it, what problem are you having?
  3. JoepB

JoepB Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    same here, no problem with windows 7
  4. James

James Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2011
    windows 7 - probs

its the windows 74 64bit system and when you try to install the software the CD says is not compatible?
  5. Wasabi Bob

32 bit

No, not with 64 bit. There is no dedicated 64 bit version available as far as I know.
  6. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    I had the same problem loading up the photofun studio 4 which came with my GF1 uon to a laptop with windows 7, I was able to upload the raw program slikpix without any problem. I did however mamage to load up the previous version of the photo funstudio that I got with my lumix FT-1. I looked on the panasonic web site to see if there was a downloadable version but could not find one.
  7. broadway

broadway Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    Did you try this ?

PHOTOfunSTUDIO 4.0 HD Edition Update Program | Digital AV Software Download | Digital AV Software | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global
  8. Wasabi Bob

Broadway, you beat me to it!
    I think will do the trick.