1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help with MySet

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by sebs_color, Feb 7, 2014.

1. sebs_color

sebs_color Mu-43 Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Sebastian
    hello everyone!

first off, I have an E-PM2.. second, could someone possibly explain to me how to use a myset. I have a set up I am constantly using for time lapse and I figured saving these settings would be great. after I set up everything I went into the myset option, clicked on myset 1, and clicked SET.

now how can I go back to those settings? ive seen pictures (screen shots) of people using mysets, and it says My1 or My2 on the camera display. mine never shows anything like that though.

thanks for any input anyone provides!

2. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    MySets sets the camera to a default state you've saved....

As soon as you've highlighted MySet# and select the "Set", it loads the defaults you had previously saved to that MySet#. The camera stays with those settings until YOU change them (the exceptions being shutter speed and aperture if you are in any mode other than M). It doesn't continually display "MySet#" because as soon as you change ONE setting (including shutter speed or aperture) you can't say you're in "MySet#" anymore because all the settings no longer match the settings in MySet#, BUT ONLY THAT ONE SETTING IS CHANGED THAT YOU CHANGED...the rest of the settings are still set to the MySet# setting you chose.

Say I have MySet1 loaded with my favorite outdoor settings and the white blance in MySet1 is saved to sunny, but I decide I no longer like that and want to just change the WB in MySet1 permanently to cloudy. I'd first hightlight the MySet1 and press OK to load the MySet1 preferences, then change my WB to cloudy, then to save it for my default outdoor MySet1 highlight MySet1 again and press the RIGHT button...this then gives me the screen to RESET (erase) the MySet1 to factory default, or SET (save) MySet1 to the new configuration the camera is in. So ALL the settings from the previous MySet1 are saved to the new MySet1 along with the ONE change I made. It doesn't have to be just one change, but I wanted to keep the example simple. I don't have to go through every other menu as they all still at the MySet1 default since I had just loaded the MySet1 before making the WB change.

4. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    The semantics of mysets are horrible
    The initial "Set" means load that saved myset configuration and set the camera to it
    If you use the right arrow, on the "set" you get to a pick list and you will see "set" and "reset"

Reset is what you use to save your current camera settings to a myset slot

In a better world, mysets would be name-able so I could see mysets3 as "Tripod" instead of having to remember that 3 is configured for tripod settings

And set/reset should be apply/save or indicate a little more clearly the semantics

• Like Like x 3
  5. sebs_color

sebs_color Mu-43 Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Sebastian
    Yeah I believe they could use some work, and could have been made more user friendly. but I will get used to just going to the menus and remember not to use the "right" arrow.