1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help with manual focus assist on G1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by cml800, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cml800

cml800 New to Mu-43

Nov 30, 2010
    Hi,

I recently acquired a G1 (already have a GF1 and loving it). My wife sort of commandeered the GF1 / 20mm 1.7 since it's so great, and that's cool with me since I wanted to get into using a Canon FD 35mm lens. I put a Fotodiox adapter on the G1 and everything seems to fit well but I can't get the manual focus assist to do its zooming function like it does with native lenses. I've already checked the menu setting and it seems correct. I even reset the camera back to defaults just to see if that would do anything. It's running v1.5 which I believe is the latest firmware. After scouring the web, I get the impression that the manual focus assist zooming should work with adapted lenses. Is this correct? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Because it's a manual focus lens you have to bring up the manual focus zoom by manual means as well.
    Pressing the left hand pointing cursor button will bring up a yellow square which can be positioned if required.
    Pressing the menu set button will then magnify that square to enable precise manual focusing.

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  3. cml800

cml800 New to Mu-43

Nov 30, 2010
    Thanks - that was super fast. I'll try it out tonight.

4. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    And once you're in MF assist, you can change the magnification (only two options) of the zoom with the wheel.