Help with manual focus assist on G1

cml800

New to Mu-43
Hi,

I recently acquired a G1 (already have a GF1 and loving it). My wife sort of commandeered the GF1 / 20mm 1.7 since it's so great, and that's cool with me since I wanted to get into using a Canon FD 35mm lens. I put a Fotodiox adapter on the G1 and everything seems to fit well but I can't get the manual focus assist to do its zooming function like it does with native lenses. I've already checked the menu setting and it seems correct. I even reset the camera back to defaults just to see if that would do anything. It's running v1.5 which I believe is the latest firmware. After scouring the web, I get the impression that the manual focus assist zooming should work with adapted lenses. Is this correct? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
Because it's a manual focus lens you have to bring up the manual focus zoom by manual means as well.
Pressing the left hand pointing cursor button will bring up a yellow square which can be positioned if required.
Pressing the menu set button will then magnify that square to enable precise manual focusing.

Barrie

scott

Mu-43 Veteran
And once you're in MF assist, you can change the magnification (only two options) of the zoom with the wheel.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom