Help with manual focus assist on G1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by cml800, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cml800

cml800 New to Mu-43

Nov 30, 2010

I recently acquired a G1 (already have a GF1 and loving it). My wife sort of commandeered the GF1 / 20mm 1.7 since it's so great, and that's cool with me since I wanted to get into using a Canon FD 35mm lens. I put a Fotodiox adapter on the G1 and everything seems to fit well but I can't get the manual focus assist to do its zooming function like it does with native lenses. I've already checked the menu setting and it seems correct. I even reset the camera back to defaults just to see if that would do anything. It's running v1.5 which I believe is the latest firmware. After scouring the web, I get the impression that the manual focus assist zooming should work with adapted lenses. Is this correct? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Because it's a manual focus lens you have to bring up the manual focus zoom by manual means as well.
    Pressing the left hand pointing cursor button will bring up a yellow square which can be positioned if required.
    Pressing the menu set button will then magnify that square to enable precise manual focusing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cml800

cml800 New to Mu-43

Nov 30, 2010
    Thanks - that was super fast. I'll try it out tonight.
  4. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    And once you're in MF assist, you can change the magnification (only two options) of the zoom with the wheel.