Help with iOS remote capture app

jonlong

Mu-43 Regular
I tried using the remote capture app with my EM1 for the first time (other than playing with it and when I got the camera) and it's not behaving in a way that I understand.

Using the live view capture mode on the phone, I should be able to touch the screen to focus on that area. When I touch an area, it might focus, but then the af icon changes to "no af" or "af off" or something like that. So then I have to select the af mode again on screen to be able to touch where I want to focus. It seems very clumsy. Am I missing something? I want to be able to touch a point and adjust until I'm ready to press the shutter on the phone. Why does the af mode keep changing when I touch the screen?

Thanks!

diableri

Mu-43 Regular
If there are no other responses by tonight, I'll set mine up for a few shots and take a look. I've not played with it other than to transfer photos for some quick sharing.

diableri

Mu-43 Regular
So I didn't try on the phone, I used my ipad as that's where I have the app. It's definitely changing the focus point for me but not in live view; only after the shot. If I touch one area of the screen it focuses there and touching a different corner, the focus shifts and the previous subject that was just sharp blurs out with the new focus point subject being good.

Not that it should matter but I currently have the camera in manual and on a tripod doing all this from the ipad with the 12-40.

It's not translating the focused image to the ipad screen live if that's what you are looking for?

If it's that your AF mode is changing on the phone, then I did not experience that. My shots were relatively dark and then I cut out a lot of light and still did not lose all AF, just slow and a bit sketchy as one would expect at high ISO. I wasn't really too concerned about exposure though. Good luck figuring it out if these didn't help!

Latest threads

Top Bottom