Help with iOS remote capture app

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jonlong, Jun 16, 2014.

1. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    I tried using the remote capture app with my EM1 for the first time (other than playing with it and when I got the camera) and it's not behaving in a way that I understand.

Using the live view capture mode on the phone, I should be able to touch the screen to focus on that area. When I touch an area, it might focus, but then the af icon changes to "no af" or "af off" or something like that. So then I have to select the af mode again on screen to be able to touch where I want to focus. It seems very clumsy. Am I missing something? I want to be able to touch a point and adjust until I'm ready to press the shutter on the phone. Why does the af mode keep changing when I touch the screen?

Thanks!

2. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    Nobody?

3. diableri

diableri Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2014
    Central CA
    If there are no other responses by tonight, I'll set mine up for a few shots and take a look. I've not played with it other than to transfer photos for some quick sharing.

4. diableri

diableri Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2014
    Central CA
    So I didn't try on the phone, I used my ipad as that's where I have the app. It's definitely changing the focus point for me but not in live view; only after the shot. If I touch one area of the screen it focuses there and touching a different corner, the focus shifts and the previous subject that was just sharp blurs out with the new focus point subject being good.

Not that it should matter but I currently have the camera in manual and on a tripod doing all this from the ipad with the 12-40.

It's not translating the focused image to the ipad screen live if that's what you are looking for?

If it's that your AF mode is changing on the phone, then I did not experience that. My shots were relatively dark and then I cut out a lot of light and still did not lose all AF, just slow and a bit sketchy as one would expect at high ISO. I wasn't really too concerned about exposure though. Good luck figuring it out if these didn't help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.