1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help with grip & battery holder for OM-D

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by silver92b, Feb 20, 2013.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I recently purchased the grip and battery holder for the OM-D. I love the accessory but I would like some help in setting up the controls. When holding the camera in the portrait position, the controls do not respond like the original wheels in the camera, and sometimes not at all... I have not found any instructions for the use and set up of this accessory. I would really appreciate any help from you, the kind cognoscenti :biggrin:

Thanks!

2. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    In the button/dial controls menu, are separate buttons controls for the grip and battery holder (maybe G1, G2, B1, B2) that can be set to the same or different functions. I believe that the dials should be the same (going from memory here, as my E-M5 is at home.)

3. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    Did you "unlock" the "LOCK" lever?

Make sure that you "unlock" the "LOCK" lever on the back just below the B-Fn1 and B-Fn2 buttons.
    I have been known to forget to unlock function controls on the portrait grip :rolleyes:

4. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I did find out about the "LOCK" lever. It works for the shutter but I have not noticed anything with the wheel/buttons... BTW, it's good to keep it "locked"
    when not using the portrait grip too :wink: