1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help with Fotodiox Canon FD adapter please.

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by hazmatte, Mar 23, 2011.

1. hazmatte

hazmatte New to Mu-43

Mar 21, 2011
    I just received a Fotodiox m4/3 adapter for Canon FD lenses from amazon and I want to mount a Canon FD 50mm f1.4 lens to it and use it on my Panny G2.

I've seen a lot of posts from people stating how how confusing it can be to properly mount the lens to the adapter but I have not been able to find good instructions for how to do it.

Anyone care to explain?

Cheers,
    Mark

2. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    Hi,
    I have the same setup and gear (and now 4 different canon fd lenses). You can attach the lens to the adapter first and then assemble it onto the G2, or attach the adapter first to G2 and then attach the lens to G2-adapter. I find the first method easier. With that particular adapter, you will see the "lock" and "open" ring on the adapter. I guess it should be in open position when removing or attaching lens (but it slides so easily I wonder if it really does ever "lock"). The red dots for attaching the adapter to G2 should be lined up to start the connection of the two. These two sets of red dots, however, are different locations for attaching the lens to adapter. I find that sometimes if you have a problem, it will be attaching the lens to adapter. In such cases the problem is resolved by rotating the lens ring fully in the other direction prior to attaching to adapter.
    Hope this helps.
    John

3. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    I have this one so I'll give it a shot. Make sure the lens ring is rotated open on the FD lens, just how it is before attaching to the older camera. Make sure the adapter's ring is in the open position. The red dots on the adater ring and lens should just about line up.

At this point I honestly just wiggle it until I feel it line up and everything slides together, then I lock the FD ring down. Just remember the protrusion inside the adapter should touch but not move the aperture arm on the FD lens too much in the open position. And in the open positon it is much easier to attach. Try it without the camera the first time around. It's actually pretty sturdy, so it would be difficult to destroy it on your first try :smile:.

4. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    FD
    Turn the ring on the lens until it clicks , Red dot upwards on the adapter you fix the lens then you turn the ring on the lens to secure it, final step you have a lock unlock ring turn it to lock so that you can use the aperture.

nFD
    The pain is really the nFD lenses , the idea is similar except instead of turning the ring to fix it you turn the lens. All other steps are the same , it takes a good minute to fix an nFD really an akward mount. The other problem is that you cannot reclick it as an FD mount you have to pray that it works, if you didn't open the breech lock fully you end up with a lens that has a stopper that is still in locked position.

I precise i personally do not have a fotodiox adapter, but this is a general guide.

5. sambryks

sambryks New to Mu-43

Sep 2, 2011
    I got a fotodiox FD-EOS adapter, and want to be able to attach a FL bellows to my 60D.
    the adapter just won't lock onto the bellow camera mount which is essentially the same as a lense mount... bellows has a pin for controlling the diaphragm ..
    has anyone tried to do this kind of adaption.? The bellows is a superb instrument and far better than some of the cheap ones being sold. The Canon line is very dear for any accessories for the EOS cameras...
    appreciate any help.
    Sam