Help with flash needed.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by davidt, Apr 3, 2013.

1. davidt

davidt New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2013
    Hi guys, Ime new to this forum so please excuse me if Ime doing the wrong thing.
    I need help with the purchase of a flashgun for my OM D Ime looking at the Metz range, in particular the Metz 52 AF, if any of you guys here can offer any advise it would be most welcome, as I am new to the four thirds system and am just building up a system.

Thanks in advance david.

2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
  3. davidt

davidt New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2013
    Thank you for your reply, I would need it for off camera flash with models, as well as for weddings( I also have a canon 5D iii as my main outfit ith all the heavy len's) but after having had a play with the OM D I was blown away with the quality so I bought it. Im'e based in the uk where the Metz is cheaper and it seems to do all that the olympus flashgun can do but cheaper:)  so any and all advice is welcomed.

David

4. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Since you need remote support this flash is suited for your needs. If the price is right you won't regret it. I do not have the OMD or the Metz but there are a few guys in the forum who own them. Take a look at this thread https://www.mu-43.com/f67/flash-omd-35672/

5. davidt

davidt New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2013
    Thanks Elavon,very helpfull.

David

6. Dogman

Dogman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 23, 2012
    Maryland
    I have the E-PL5 and, like you, the Canon 5D Mk III system including several older Canon 550EX flashes that I use off camera with Pocket Wizard IIIs. The great thing about the Pocket Wizards is that I can use them and the Canon flashes off camera with the Oly E-PL5, too. I bought the Olympus flash 36R, but it just doesn't compare with the output and versatility of the Canon flashes. Sorry, but I'm just not a big fan of Oly flashes. I find them underpowered and overpriced.

7. davidt

davidt New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2013
    Dogman, thanks for that info I have the same equipment , I will give them a try and see how it goes.

David

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.