1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help with flash needed.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by davidt, Apr 3, 2013.

1. davidt

davidt New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2013
    Hi guys, Ime new to this forum so please excuse me if Ime doing the wrong thing.
    I need help with the purchase of a flashgun for my OM D Ime looking at the Metz range, in particular the Metz 52 AF, if any of you guys here can offer any advise it would be most welcome, as I am new to the four thirds system and am just building up a system.

Thanks in advance david.

2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
  3. davidt

davidt New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2013
    Thank you for your reply, I would need it for off camera flash with models, as well as for weddings( I also have a canon 5D iii as my main outfit ith all the heavy len's) but after having had a play with the OM D I was blown away with the quality so I bought it. Im'e based in the uk where the Metz is cheaper and it seems to do all that the olympus flashgun can do but cheaper:) so any and all advice is welcomed.

David

4. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Since you need remote support this flash is suited for your needs. If the price is right you won't regret it. I do not have the OMD or the Metz but there are a few guys in the forum who own them. Take a look at this thread https://www.mu-43.com/f67/flash-omd-35672/

5. davidt

davidt New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2013
    Thanks Elavon,very helpfull.

David

6. Dogman

Dogman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Maryland
    I have the E-PL5 and, like you, the Canon 5D Mk III system including several older Canon 550EX flashes that I use off camera with Pocket Wizard IIIs. The great thing about the Pocket Wizards is that I can use them and the Canon flashes off camera with the Oly E-PL5, too. I bought the Olympus flash 36R, but it just doesn't compare with the output and versatility of the Canon flashes. Sorry, but I'm just not a big fan of Oly flashes. I find them underpowered and overpriced.

7. davidt

davidt New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2013
    Dogman, thanks for that info I have the same equipment , I will give them a try and see how it goes.

David