Help with emptying PMs

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by rkhndjr, Mar 12, 2013.

1. rkhndjr

rkhndjr Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    I emptied my PM box yesterday lost all I had and it messed me up badly. How can I empty it and keep a few with messages I need? Thanks for any help. I asked Amin on the Contact Us and he replied he did not have time.
  2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    just check the box for the ones you want to delete, or download the ones you want to keep
  3. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    You can also download message. in between the "selected message" text and go button is a drop down. Just select save to text, csv, xml, take your pick.
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Let's be clear here. The "Contact Us" page specifically says:

You ignored that request and instead messaged me three times in rapid succession:

I then replied to you with the following

And that is the unfortunate truth. I don't have the time. I get lots and lots of messages asking "What camera should I get?" "How do I post pictures on the site?" "Why can't I send a PM if I have no posts?", etc. This site is not my job. It is basically a labor of love, and I do the best that I can, but I have a job and a family.

Every time someone posts in Help and Feedback, I get an email notification, and when I see that email, I check this forum and read the thread. Many times, a helpful member or mod has already addressed the issue. If not, I do my best to answer. This system has worked reasonably well for those members who are willing to use the forum instead of contacting me directly with every question.

Lastly, you replied:

The answer to why I have the Contact Us page on is that I want people to be able to get in touch for specific things which can't be handled in the forum. I read every message I get from that page, and I respond to anything I think can't be handled in the forum. But the purpose of this site is primarily the forum, so I think it's reasonable to have members use the forum for most questions.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)