Help with creating black & white

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi everyone!
Could you please give me some pointers about creating black and white images? I assume it's not only to make it monochrome and then be happy, I guess there are other things I should do to make it a GOOD black and white image?
I use Photoshop CC and the black and white adjustment layer. I don't really have any experience with black and white so I probably wouldn't be good at seeing if it's good or bad. Any input is welcome!
And in case you wonder, I'm choosing black and white because the colours are still weird also after some fixing in Lightroom and they look really cool in black and white.
Killer B&W with ACDSee
Here, above, is an old blog post I wrote back in 2016 in regards to doing B&W conversions in ACDSee. While I address the ACDSee tools specifically, I think the way I plan my B&W conversion is universal to virtually all development/editing methods.

Also, there are equivalent tools in Lightroom to do the things I explain. (at least there used to be, I haven't tried LR for a long time!) It gets a bit less equivalent in other bit mapped editors, but generally controls that are similar are named things like "Shadows & Highlights", Colors, Levels, etc.

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
Killer B&W with ACDSee
Here, above, is an old blog post I wrote back in 2016 in regards to doing B&W conversions in ACDSee. While I address the ACDSee tools specifically, I think the way I plan my B&W conversion is universal to virtually all development/editing methods.

Also, there are equivalent tools in Lightroom to do the things I explain. (at least there used to be, I haven't tried LR for a long time!) It gets a bit less equivalent in other bit mapped editors, but generally controls that are similar are named things like "Shadows & Highlights", Colors, Levels, etc.

That's great, thank you!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom