1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help with Adapter

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bipinsnair, Nov 8, 2012.

1. bipinsnair

bipinsnair Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Bipin Nair
    I just got the Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter- Nikon G Type to Micro 4/3.

I tried attaching it with OM-D and Tamrom 90mm Macro lens (Nikon mount).I could attach it perfectly and was able to take some shots.But I am confused on how I can change the aperture. I read from the reviews for this adapter that I can change it manually and it also talks about an aperture ring (which is not there on Tamron lens and the Nikon G lens does not have either, so I assumed it is on adapter)

Any idea on where this aperture ring is. I don't find any ring on the adapter (other than the one to lock).I know I have to guess the aperture, but how to change the aperture is what confuses me..

Any help is appreciated..thanks.

2. bipinsnair

bipinsnair Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Bipin Nair
    Ok, i figured out.
    The ring on the adapter which says "Lock<-->Open" seems to act as aperture control ring.
    I can see the lens aperture opening and closing while turn that.

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.