Help! White or Brown G3?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Antonf, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Antonf

Antonf New to Mu-43

Oct 17, 2011
    I've been going back and forth for a week. I'm about to pull the trigger on my first M43 camera. I can't decide the color

White
    - Sexy
    - A bit too flashy maybe
    - Very Unique

Brown
    - Understated
    - Maybe too boring
    - Unique

2. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    i'll choose brown, however mine is black. black in the long run will be a safer move for me.

3. Bizzarrini

Bizzarrini Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I have the GF1 in white, and it looks very good. I've also seen some pictures with a brown leather half-case, that looks really amazing!

4. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
  5. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
  6. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i voted brown, of course, i love it
    but, if you want a brown case, then id do white

7. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I had a brown one for three days. If I were to get one again, I'd get a white one. The brown is more of a brown mixed with eggplant purple.

8. pivo6

pivo6 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 8, 2011
    Fort Ripley, MN
    I'd choose brown. I will admit that I have a white iPhone, so the temptation for something white has been satisfied.

9. Antonf

Antonf New to Mu-43

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks for everyones help. I got white.

When I first saw it I fell in love...went with my gut!:thumbup:

10. I wish the white G3 had black accents rather than the silver. I'd still choose it over brown, but ultimately would probably choose black over both.

11. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    agree.

12. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Quite like the brown, never seen one in the flesh though, white is a bit 'kitchen appliance'.
    :smile:

13. Antonf

Antonf New to Mu-43

Oct 17, 2011
    Well looks like I have more time to change my mind. I ordered it from Panasonic Direct and they just updated the order saying it could take up to 5 weeks to deliver.

CANCELLED.

Time to look elsewhere for the camera.

And now everyone has me thinking brown!

14. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Frankly, those are the 2 best choices. You can't go wrong. I voted for white, but on a different day, I could just as easily vote for brown.

15. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    I like that brown is a little less obvious, calls a bit less attention to itself than white does. For street photography that can be a good thing.

16. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I agree brown looks more stealthy (and super cool), but someone here on another thread (sorry, wish I could give credit) made the point that the white looks more consumer P&S, so actually would stand out less! :biggrin:

17. Antonf

Antonf New to Mu-43

Oct 17, 2011
    All this brown feedback actually made me change my mind. Now if I panasonic would just ship faster than 5 weeks!

18. garfield_cz

garfield_cz Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Pavel
    It is because there is no Black option in your poll :smile: Personaly I dont want camera in other colour than black, but brown seems to be good choice for people wanting modest look while keeping high stealth factor :thumbup:

19. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    I thought white would be a better color because it might help with the heat when outdoors? (very little i assume, but still!). I remember when i was testing my black G3 out it got quite hot in the sun moreso than my black EPL1. Esp. around the battery and the grip. I just thought if canon does it for some of their L lens, it might be something to think about on the camera body.

20. Antonf

Antonf New to Mu-43

Oct 17, 2011
    I only like the Brown and White. I want it stand out, but now that i'm going brown I dont want it to stick out too much.