help what Kit should I take to the Wedding

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
My daughter gets married on Friday.
Of course being the Father of the bride I have lots to think about.....

We have an official Photographer hired.....but I would like to get some nice images myself.

So what kit should I take from the following
E3 12/60, 50/200, zd50, 9/18
G1 14/45, panny 20/1.7
EP2 kit lens
Metz AF58

Bearing in mind I have duties to perform (speeched etc) do I go kitted and potentially get bogged down with gear, or go light and snap away unobtrusively

Thanks

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'd say it depends on whom is going to carry your gear while you have something else to do.

If it were me (I married last year), I wouldn't take anything at all, but strongly brief the official photographer beforehand based on his book (that he should have shown you). Like this OK, like that, forget it, etc. I even scouted shooting locations with him the week before for some vantage points to take pictures (group) I really wanted to appear in the end. He wasn't too happy, but complied, and finally sided with me upon seeing the images. He now propose some of my ideas as options in his photo package and I kept good contacts with him. I refrained from setting foot on the technical side though : I chose him because he was technically apt, and I didn't want to ruffle his feathers by questioning his abilities.

Basically, I'd say shoot at home before leaving with the bride, those are important moments, and then forget anything bigger than a µ-tough.

Just my opinion.

pete_t

Mu-43 Regular
You will have plenty to do so I suggest you take one small camera and small zoom and get a few snaps. Try to take a few candids but let the photographer do the real work.

Your daughter probably wont thank you for being behind a camera for lots of the day either :smile:

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
deckitout, I'm with mauve and pete, don't bog yourself down from experiencing your daughter's wedding in its fullness. Bring the smallest camera possible for those quick moments and catch some snapshots...take some at home...and most importantly have a wonderful time! You'll be participating in this whole day so much that your memories are going to mean the most.:thumbup:

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Take the Pen with the 20 on a sholder strap.
You don't need the finder. Just be an observer with the camera and a participant all day.

Hunter5117

Mu-43 Regular
I would suggest that even the Pen is too much, remember you don't want to appear in photos with a camera slung over your shoulder. If you have a pocketable compact then that is what I would take. When my son got married I had a small compact that would do both photo and video and I captured a number of personal moments with it while leaving the main duties to the official photog and videographers plus all the many relatives.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
As soon as I saw the choice, the Pen with the 20 would be it.

For me- when that day comes, I'm bringing a Black Nikon SP with a 50/1.4 Millenium Nikkor.

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
I'm a wedding photographer by trade and I'm sure than with the Pen and a 20mm I could shoot a whole wedding at a professional standard. Having said that as a "guest" I'd probably pack the Oly kit lens as well for some fun at the reception.

Gordon

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
At mine, in 1973, I gave my Trip 35 to my 10 year old brother and told him to take 36 exposures, starting from the gates of the Church as we left after the ceremony

and here is the camera as I still have it

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(must get the slides out and copy them)

So it has to be the EP and 20mm - but let a relative do the shooting

- but the Trip 35 would be good with a roll of film

pete_t

Mu-43 Regular
Many congratulations and hope your daughter and her husband to be have a wonderful and memorable day. I hope you enjoy being the proud father and hope all goes well tomorrow.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom