1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help what have I pressed !

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by kayicolyn, Feb 16, 2012.

1. kayicolyn

kayicolyn Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2012
    please can someone help me ?
    I don't know if I have caught a button by accident or I have wrong settings etc, But when I am looking at the LCD screen to take a shot the screen looks very grainy.
    I have a panasonic DMC-G3 i have it on apeture 5.6 and tried all other f's in aperture mode and in shutter mode I have tried all S speeds and still have the same problem. when I take a shot the grain is not showing on the LCD screen in playback, not sure what they look like on the computer yet as I've not uploaded them as I'm taking shots in various modes, speeds and fs till I can resolve this problem, I am new to photography and very new to this type of camera.
    I have looked through the million pages of the PDF file operating manual and have drawn a blank as to what it may be.
    Thanks in advance
    Andrea.:confused:

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I don't know Panny cams, but there should be a "reset settings" option to return all settings back to baseline. Should be able to find that in the manual.

3. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    What is your ISO setting?

Also, did this happen at night? Do you see the same problem if you take the camera outside during the day?

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I'm just guessing here, but...

First, Sprinke's question is a good one. In dim light, the camera has to supply more amplification to the EVF to keep it bright. The trade-off is a lower resolution (grainier) image, and slower response.

If it's happening in brighter light, too, you might have engaged the setting to show the effects of shutter speeds. IIRC, it involves the DOF preview (trash) button and the display button, but I don't remember exactly how to turn it on or off. But try searching the manual for shutter speed preview, or variations on that.

5. kayicolyn

kayicolyn Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2012
    Thanks guys,
    After lots of fiddling with settings and reading the manaul I managed to sort it out and silly me had not looked at my apeture properly. The camera was fine outside it was just inside that I had noticed it, and not knowing my camera properly got worried.
    My Photography books have just arrived today so with lots of reading I should be able to understand a little more.
    Thanks again for the replies.
    Andrea

• Like Like x 1
  6. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Have fun learning!