Help Wanted! Lessons.. Free Trip to Boise

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MrDoug, Mar 12, 2012.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I need help and want to learn properly from one of you experienced guys/gals here on the forum on how to use Oly and Panny :43: cameras and some basic Photo techniques.. I will pay round trip Airfare to Boise, Hotel and Chow for 3-4 days (within a reasonable distance) .. May or June is a good time for me.. you will like it here.. if there are any takers ... send me your thoughts and experience and I will sort them out and we can do it.. It will cost you nothing except your time..:smile: How can you beat that? If I don't learn anything from your visit and time.. it's more than I know now.. so that is OK..:smile: all replies welcome..
    Thank you much..
    Doug

• Like Like x 1
  2. ftwphoto

ftwphoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2011
    Sounds like a pretty interesting request... I've never been to Idaho...

3. p@ul

p@ul Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2011
  4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    You want to bribe Gary. I'm guessing you'll have to offer a case of wine to boot.

5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    You are right.. I forgot to mention in my post... if you don't like Wine, Beer or Vodka you are not welcome.. :smile:

6. ftwphoto

ftwphoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2011
    As a follow up, will you fly someone in from Canada?

7. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Ashland, OR USA
    David
    What about gin? And it's Bombay Sapphire, or I'm not coming!

Here's an idea for you, MrDoug. I live in western Oregon. How about you and I meet for some landscape photography and drinking (not necessarily in that order) over in eastern Oregon, say the Steens Mtn. or Hart Mtn. Antelope Reserve area? When the weather improves, I'm due for a motorcycle trip out there, and it's not too far from Boise. Heck, you could even talk me into riding up to Stanley, or over Lolo Pass into Montana. That's a seriously fun ride.

Ah hell, anywhere west of the Mississippi will do.

Of course, I'm not saying that I could teach you anything at all that you don't already know. In fact, you probably could give me a pointer or two. But it could be some fun. :biggrin:

No, really!

David

8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

As much as i wish i could take advantage of this offer, especially since i don't get to travel much Since I finally decided to finish school full time, and it would be a nice trip for my birthday in June. We'de probably do more drinking and hanging out than photography ..lol Plus Im a G1 user so I am not sure what i could bring to the table Other than what i learned in all the photography and digital imaging classes the past couple semesters.
    Good luck and Let us know who takes you up on your offer and how things go

9. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Mr. Doug, you should fly up to Edmonton and let Ned give you a 3-4 day crash course in photography. For compensation, I believe he'd want you to pre-order him an E-M5.

10. peaceridge

peaceridge Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2011
    Hey, I'm going xcountry this summer - I'd love to meet up in Edmonton and take a crash course with Ned (when he speaks, I take notice!). In spite of practicing, taking on-line courses, and reading numerous books, I remain confounded by technical photography. I think I, too, need a hands-on course.

Lyn

11. Squidz

Squidz Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2012
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Man, if we're gathering in Edmonton, I'm in for photos and micro-brew sampling.

12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    LOL ... I'm in, but I insist on paying my own way! What kind of wine do you guys make in Idaho (potatoes wine ... no that's vodka)? In fact you're welcomed to come out here and we can spend a few photo days together.

Gary

PS- Remember that I'm not a tech guy, even with film my darkroom skills were not all that good.
    G

13. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    That's not a bad idea.. close by.. I have customer in Corvallis and get to that area often..

14. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    we make Potato Vodka.. not very good though.. are you in LA?

15. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks, I will check that out..