Help w/tracking on E-M1ii firmware 3.1

Bristolero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hello all,
I've been away fishing on the Alaska Peninsula for the last 2 months. Pretty remote, no internet service. Was happily surprised to learn of firmware 3.1 and have been trying it out on my return to civilization. Question for those who have had some time to play with all the settings, either on the Mk ii or on the e-M1X: any luck with tracking ( not AI, need stuff that will work on BIFs)? I tried briefly today with C-AF TR, sensitivity +1, center start, then center priority, 15 fps low E shutter, IS priority. Lots of no focus, and occasionally a sharp shot. I usually FPS (release ) priority, so that might have been the problem. Anyhow, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric

macro

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Heck, that's not like you Eric with BIFs. It must be an issue in that case. Already good advice and maybe that side of it didn't really improve that much. Good luck with it.

All the best up there Eric, sometimes a hard life you lead mate.

Danny.

Bristolero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Heck, that's not like you Eric with BIFs. It must be an issue in that case. Already good advice and maybe that side of it didn't really improve that much. Good luck with it.

All the best up there Eric, sometimes a hard life you lead mate.

Danny.
Thanks Danny,
Got it sorted yesterday, and had probably my best day shooting. Still working out the small details but the 3.1 seems like an awesome upgrade now.
E

macro

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That.s excellent Eric. I was hoping you would work it out if it was possible. Thought it was very unusual for you to have issues like that. Glad it all worked out, or will work out for you. All the best Eric.

Danny.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom