Help w/E-PL5 Image Stabalisation

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SteveieD, Dec 14, 2013.

1. SteveieD

SteveieD New to Mu-43

Dec 14, 2013
    I'm pretty new to owning an Olympus. I've found the menu system a bit of a grind compared to other systems but in general I'm doing OK. My one sticking point is image stabalisation. I've always had fast access to it either on the camera body or on the lens itself with other cameras. On this E-PL5 though I just wondered how other users gain quick "on-the-fly" access ? When I shoot wildlife with the 75-300 for example I want to be in complete control of IS. Is there a way of assigning a shortcut, or am I missing something more obvious ? For example, does the camera detect I am shooting at 1/2000 and automatically disable the IS ?
  2. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    You have to learn how to set, invoke, and turn off MYSET's. I barely know this myself. The following will save a shooting mode where IBIS is off.

1) If your camera menu has been set up to a particular group of settings that you like, then go to the Myset page, select one, right cursor to the set page and set it. That Myset is no programmed.

2) To invoke it, go to the Myset ppage again, select that Myset again with the cursor. Just press OK, answer yes, and it's on. Do not right cursor or you get the set/reset option.

3) To turn it off, go to the Myset page, pick Reset and hit OK. then answer yes. Do not right cursor where it gives you an option to reset,

You can clear a Myset via step 1 by resetting it.

You know, it's not that hard to select IBIS from the super control panel and set it there. All you have to do is touch the screen.
  3. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    wha does 'cimplete control' mean? when using m4/3 lenses that dont themselves have
    iS, the onky control you have on epl5 is IBIS on or off. the cam does the rest.

unless you mean control over 'still cam', or 'video' IBIS, that you can control. its on the short menu that you get when you click on the 'enter' button in the center of the dial pad. just scroll down til you get to it, hit enter again and menu disappears, but when re-engaged it will open up with the IBIS adjustment.