1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Help searching for correct body

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RStarPhoto, Feb 26, 2015.

1. RStarPhoto

RStarPhoto New to Mu-43

Feb 26, 2011
    Ok, I really could use some good thoughts on what I am looking for.

I am primarily a Fuji shooter at weddings, but I'm not completely comfortable during the receptions with it. I'm looking for an alternative for it. It also will be used with a vintage long lens during ceremonies, so good ibis is a must. Here is what I am looking at:

Original E-m5 used with a 17 1.8

New EM-10 with a 17 1.8

Used EP5 with 17 1.8 and VF-4

I'd love to hear your thoughts and reason for what you'd choose.

2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Either the EM5 or EM10 would work really well (IBIS difference between the two isn't night and day) while I feel the EP5 would be less balanced with an adapted lens. Go with one of the OMD cameras and add a grip (I have the EM10 and ECG1, which I love), as it makes all the difference in balancing out longer and heavier lenses.

3. RStarPhoto

RStarPhoto New to Mu-43

Feb 26, 2011
    I'd love for some other opinions as well. :)

4. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
    if you're used to the dslr ergonomics of the x-t1, then go with either the e-m5 or e-m10 (both have optional grips in case you need it).

but if you prefer the rangefinder style of the x-pro1, x-e2, etc., then the e-p5 is the better candidate. or you can also look into the panasonic gx7, which also has built-in evf and ibis.

5. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    I would go with the original EM5. Used prices are great and the IBIS is wonderful. Should handle well body only with the 17mm, but as stated, a grip would help with anything really long (though it isn't mandatory).