Help searching for correct body

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RStarPhoto, Feb 26, 2015.

1. RStarPhoto

RStarPhoto New to Mu-43

Feb 26, 2011
    Ok, I really could use some good thoughts on what I am looking for.

I am primarily a Fuji shooter at weddings, but I'm not completely comfortable during the receptions with it. I'm looking for an alternative for it. It also will be used with a vintage long lens during ceremonies, so good ibis is a must. Here is what I am looking at:

Original E-m5 used with a 17 1.8

New EM-10 with a 17 1.8

Used EP5 with 17 1.8 and VF-4

I'd love to hear your thoughts and reason for what you'd choose.
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Either the EM5 or EM10 would work really well (IBIS difference between the two isn't night and day) while I feel the EP5 would be less balanced with an adapted lens. Go with one of the OMD cameras and add a grip (I have the EM10 and ECG1, which I love), as it makes all the difference in balancing out longer and heavier lenses.
  3. RStarPhoto

RStarPhoto New to Mu-43

Feb 26, 2011
    I'd love for some other opinions as well. :)
  4. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
    if you're used to the dslr ergonomics of the x-t1, then go with either the e-m5 or e-m10 (both have optional grips in case you need it).

but if you prefer the rangefinder style of the x-pro1, x-e2, etc., then the e-p5 is the better candidate. or you can also look into the panasonic gx7, which also has built-in evf and ibis.
  5. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    I would go with the original EM5. Used prices are great and the IBIS is wonderful. Should handle well body only with the 17mm, but as stated, a grip would help with anything really long (though it isn't mandatory).