Help please -- OI Share Android and apple issues. Can't see all images on card

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Huff, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Huff

Huff Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    Mike
    Hoping there is some quick help to be found. I'm traveling and was counting on using the app to pull a few images over to either my iPad mini or android phone. I can connect to and control the E-M1 perfectly. However when I try to transfer images over it is only seeing a few of the several hundred on a card. Off hand I think it's 9 or 11 images it sees and I can transfer over.

No matter what I do I can't see any more. The one it sees seems a bit random but consistent. It sees the same small group of pics and videos nearly every time I try.

Ideas?

2. sushi

sushi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2013
    Brunei
    Syukri
    Do you shoot RAW or JPEG? Because the app can only see JPEG images

3. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    The app may only "see" the jpg, but on Apple devices, both RAW and jpg are imported.

This is wrong.

4. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    Eh? I'm pretty sure on iOS it imports only JPEGs. Just tried it -- imported an image with both formats on the camera, and only one image file came across. Uploaded it to Google Drive and it's .jpg.

5. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    If you shoot only raw, the app displays and imports the embedded jpg anyway. I shoot raw+jpg just to get a higher quality jpg image using the app.

As for the OP's question, it's a mystery. I use OI all the time on my iPad and have never seen that problem.

6. sushi

sushi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2013
    Brunei
    Syukri
    I don't think the OI App can see RAW files, I can only see JPG files on my iPad using the OI app. But iOS devices do see RAW files if you transfer it through the Apple Camera Connection or Card Reader thingy.

7. Huff

Huff Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    Mike
    Okay, I think you've answered my question. I've shot pretty much exclusively raw. The app is seeing the few videos and a couple other ransoms. I need to look again to see specifically what is displayed.

8. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not on my iPad!

9. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    OI.Share ONLY supports JPEG. If you want to shoot RAW but still have OI.Share see the images, you must shoot with RAW+JPEG so a jpeg copy is saved.

10. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I just checked mine and (as many pointed out) I was wrong. The OI Share app only brings in jpgs. I usually import using the Apple SD card reader, and it will import RAW and jpg and you have no choice with it. I will import only using OI Share now.

11. Shifty

Shifty Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    Oklahoma City
    Yup - this indeed!

I made the exact same mistake - couldn't figure out for the life of me why the Share app would only import a few pics of my hundreds. RAW+JPEG is the answer :)