help please: EP5 and wifi

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by caimi, Dec 8, 2013.

1. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    I am not sure why I decided to try to configure my ipad and EP5 but last night I tried to do just that and - no luck. I followed the directions but I can't get the ipad to read the EP5 no matter how long I hold the bar code up to the ipad. What am I missing here?

2. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Same happened here. Delete the app and start over from zero. Also, readers are finicky sometimes... try downloading a different free QR code reader.

3. lersch

lersch New to Mu-43

Dec 9, 2013
    Hi,

your iPad has to be connected to the WiFi net, which is created by the E-P5. Most probably you are connected to another available net.

Just scan the available WiFi nets with your iPad. There should be one with a cryptic name, which contains the letters EP5 after your activated WiFi on your E-P5.

When connected to the correct network the pairing via QR code should be possible.

Regards,
    Martin

4. oly18

oly18 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2011
    Hold your ipad really close to the QR code when it is scanning. I couldn't get it to work too until I figured out how close the QR code really has to be...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.