Help:pin contact jammed down

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Help me.
The second tiny pin contact in the curved row is jammed down. (Lumix G3)
these are the pins which touch the row of contacts on the lens.

I'd like some tips on freeing it without dropping a big pair of pliers onto my sensor, thanks :biggrin:

scott2hot

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
scott
I would place a piece of something similar size over sensor..and use some tweezers...good luck...bet you already thought of this though...

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Try something non-metallic ? Maybe a toothpick ?

Guess it depends on whether or not you need to get under it and lift it back into position (tweezers or dental pick) or if its springy and pushing the top of it will sproing it back into position.

Good luck !

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
:frown: The pin died.
Second from the left looking into the front of the camera.
:smile: AF, aperture etc works fine on my test m.Zuiko14-42R, like nothing happened.
Now I wonder what that pin does ... :confused:

Vivalo

Olympus loser
Maybe that pin is reserved for the PanaLeica lenses to transfer data to achieve "that Leica look"?

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Maybe it has something to do with power zoom, in which case I might never find out ...

Anyway, good result and thanks for the suggestions.

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
FYI:

2nd pin from end, around 7-o-clock, has continuity to my EPL1 metal lens flange, so it's probably a case ground. There is probably another pin for circuit ground.

This is one possible explanation why your lens still works.Then again, maybe the 2nd pin still makes some contact with your lens. It's not below the surface of the plastic is it?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom