1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Help! Panasonic Leica 25mm focus problem

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by hiarwath, Feb 18, 2013.

1. hiarwath

hiarwath New to Mu-43

Feb 18, 2013
    I am a newbie at photography, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. :confused:

Can anyone tell me how do i get wider focus area on images like below?
    I tried to get the whole pot of food into focus without any success.

[​IMG]

This image was shot with Olympus OM-D + Panasonic Leica 25mm @ 1/60 F1.4 ISO 500

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Close your aperture. The more wide it is, the shallower the depth of focus. Of course, your shutter speed will be slower so you'll need to be steady or bump your ISO. The photo is kinda cool looking with the front and back out of focus, though!

3. Lisandra

Lisandra Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Increase your f number in apeerure mode. Something like f11 should do it.

4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Your having issues with depth of field (DOF). Try shooting at a smaller aperture (higher F number)... you might need to increase your ISO or lower your shutter speed to compensate for the smaller aperture. Another option is get a further away from your subject, and possibly crop it larger afterwards.

5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
  6. hiarwath

hiarwath New to Mu-43

Feb 18, 2013
    Wow, thanks. I got what I wanted, though the pot was half-eaten by then.
    I was so pleased with F1.4 that i tried to shoot practically everything with it :).

I feel like I'm on a journey with Ferrari (OM-D plus the lens) but no GPS (knowledge). Though I think I'm in the right forum now. Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: And I will study the links hazwing gave me and be back stronger.