1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help! Omd blk shutter problem - Thailand warranty and based

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by zerodi, Sep 8, 2012.

1. zerodi

zerodi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    Asia.Ph
    Hi my lovely OMD is now doing the Dark Frame, Black frame 1st image when i use it at high shutter speeds in sunshine 1/1600-1/4000 It didnt do it a few months back but now it 100% does and its very noticeable and annoying, seems to me like the after said actuations the shutter wears out mine must be at 3000-5000 range no more

So I live in Thailand brought it at MBK centre very famous - I haven't filled out the warranty card but also I cant find the recite im 99% sure i wasn't issued one as I did a trade in from my old d7000, they just gave me the box and everything that comes with it

has anyone got any experience of sending back to Olympus Bangkok ?

I dont speak Thai and am quite lost as to what to do now

2. mango

mango Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2012
    You could directly contact Olympus Thailand at 23/112 Sorachai Bid.27th Fl., Soi Sukumvit 63 (Soi Ekamai) Tel 02-787-8200. Just take BTS train to Ekamai Station then you could walk around 250 m. though Soi Sukumvit 63, the building is on the left side, go to 27th floor and you will see Olympus customer service there. You do not need to fill your warranty card since you should have shop's stamp on there or just keep your receipt bill with the warranty card is fine. If you could not have the receipt and no shop's stamp, just bring the warranty card back to the shop and let them stamp one for you (Foto File shop?). Any problem, feel free to call me at 089-449-5619.

3. zerodi

zerodi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    Asia.Ph
    Hey thanks !! When im in bkk again ill go back to Fotofile and ask them to stamp my cards.

I use this camera 24/7 and I find I might be able to live with the problem - maybe - :-?