1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

HELP! Olympus 45mm 1.8 Lens Flare/Reflection Issue!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by beancounter1, Oct 15, 2012.

1. beancounter1

beancounter1 New to Mu-43

Oct 15, 2012
    I just received my Olympus 45mm 1.8 lens - did a couple test shots tonight - I am getting really strong 'lens flare' 'reflection' - please have a look at the photos attached and see whether this is normal or I got a defective lens? Thanks!!
    (shooting with Olympus E-PM1)

PA155396_-_Copy.JPG PA155368_-_Copy.JPG PA155363_-_Copy.JPG [​IMG]

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I'll bet you have a filter on the lens.

• Like Like x 1
  3. beancounter1

beancounter1 New to Mu-43

Oct 15, 2012
    ha! you are right! silly me - I guess the nice ebay seller have attached a free uv filter for me! Thank you so much for the fast reply :smile::smile::smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks for the illustration of possible issues when using filters! Must be a cheaper one..I haven't seen one that produces so much flare issues before.

5. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    wow... That's a crazy filter for sure. You should try that thing with a long exposure and the cars (or any moving light source) and see what happens just for fun.

6. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    Mann
    Wow that's crazy as! I've never seen a filter give that kind of effect before.

7. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    You'd be hard pressed to find a filter that doesn't do this given the lighting. Pretty much all of them will cause internal reflections like this in night scenes with strong lighting (of varying amounts, the example above is certainly on one of the extreme ends...and not the good one!).